• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #252 CGC 9.9
1 1

27 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, littledoom said:

I'd wait until the whole black suit comes to the MCU.. I actually think ASM 252 is undervalued and has yet to pop

I sold all mine 6 months ago. (No 9.9s) And I have no regrets. I didn't have any regrets 6 months ago though either. With so many better investment opportunities I would be dropping that book so fast. You are likely not wrong about it yet to pop. Pretty good chance the black suit will show up and when things show up prices go up. Question is if it's going to go up enough and fast enough? And what other areas of investing are you comfortable with? 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, Thisisrequired said:

I sold all mine 6 months ago. (No 9.9s) And I have no regrets. I didn't have any regrets 6 months ago though either. With so many better investment opportunities I would be dropping that book so fast. You are likely not wrong about it yet to pop. Pretty good chance the black suit will show up and when things show up prices go up. Question is if it's going to go up enough and fast enough? And what other areas of investing are you comfortable with? 

comics is a long game.. i don't like holding onto stuff I don't like long tho ;)

On 10/18/2021 at 3:08 AM, littledoom said:

comics is a long game.. i don't like holding onto stuff I don't like long tho ;)

Believe me I know. I had and still have comics that been with me 20 30 years. I think most things are a long game other than stocks and now crypto. I waited years for my Bitcoin to get above 10. It went over but not by much or for long. Comics I waited decades before they did anything other than keep up with inflation. I am a terrible investor so take my comments with a grain of salt. I wasn't buying comics to make money. I was stunned when they blew up in value. And if it wasn't for a trusted friend I would have never heard of Bitcoin let alone buy it and if I did I would have sold way too soon. I have improved over the years. I just know that people I trust and who would do anything to make a profit aren't buying comic books. I will say this. The market has be good to me. But I have never lost money on any comic book. I can't say that about stocks. If you bought at any time before disney got fox things would have to get really bad to lose money on a comic book. Heck that might true of before 2021. You have to make a terrible purchase to lose money in comics. 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, littledoom said:

I'm really glad someone else has mentioned this.

Those with the right gems AND patience will eventually be cashed up (and even then I'll put back some of those $$$ into another long-term asset).