• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior staining

4 posts in this topic

Hello all - wanted to get your thoughts. I got a Werewolf by Night 32 for a pretty good price. Probably would grade 9.2  - 9.4, but.....

There is a ight interior stain that impacts all of the pages. It does not affect either cover thankfully, but the more I think about it the more concerned I am getting. If the stain is considered a defect on each page, with 13+ defects plus the others I am freaking myself out thinking this might come back 3.0-4.0!

Any experience with interior stains, especially ones that are light but impact multiple pages? Thanks!

wbn32.jpg

I'd post in grade my book section. I never had this. My guess cgc gives it better than 4.0 Probably much better. If not I know a couple guys who pretty much only care about the cover so you will get better than 3.0 4.0 prices just hit me up. Don't lose any sleep over this. 

If the book is otherwise NM this won't knock you down to VG. 

But it will impact the overall grade. Maybe into the VF- range depending on the rest of the book. If it's moisture damage it might ding you more.   You'll have a situation where the book will present much better than the technical grade.