• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rule of Thumb For Submitting Store Exclusive Variants

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have two books which I would like to submit for grading.  Thing is, they are store exclusive variants (same store) and as of this writing, they are not listed in the drop down list in the Variant section.  So I must resort to hitting "new" and entering a name for the variant.  Bottom line, my question is, do I put the name of the of the store as Store Variant A and Store Variant B -or- do I put the name of the artist and whether or not it's a trade or virgin variant.  I have seen it done both ways making it somewhat inconsistent.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your email.  I checked with our graders on this and they advised that when entering it on the online form you can just list the store name edition and we will figure out the rest.  It will vary depending on how many variants a store had.  Some can have up to 4 or 5 and in those cases we or the store might letter them also.  We can figure all that out here on our end. 

Thanks!

On 10/25/2021 at 10:45 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your email.  I checked with our graders on this and they advised that when entering it on the online form you can just list the store name edition and we will figure out the rest.  It will vary depending on how many variants a store had.  Some can have up to 4 or 5 and in those cases we or the store might letter them also.  We can figure all that out here on our end. 

Thanks!

Sounds good!  Thank you, Jennifer!