• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Spotlight 5
2 2

6 posts in this topic

This book is currently sent in to CCS for press and clean and then grading at CGC. 

It was originally graded in 2005 by CGC, without a press, at 9.0 Off-White pages.

Would be curious to see predictions on final grade and page quality after press/clean. 

I'm not sure that other than a slightly cleaner front cover there will be much of a grade/page quality difference.   

MS5Raw.jpg

A bit tough from a single photo, and the photo has a lot of jpg artifacts which also make it difficult to analyze. Bottom left corner looks to have a small tear, and there's something along the bottom under the "PE" in Superhero that may be a tear or may be nothing... also looks like some chipping along the right edge in the upper black area and another possibly along the top. I also see a possible spine ding about halfway. Presents very well overall, but I'm not sure what's there that a press would help.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:53 PM, ronvogel said:

A bit tough from a single photo, and the photo has a lot of jpg artifacts which also make it difficult to analyze. Bottom left corner looks to have a small tear, and there's something along the bottom under the "PE" in Superhero that may be a tear or may be nothing... also looks like some chipping along the right edge in the upper black area and another possibly along the top. I also see a possible spine ding about halfway. Presents very well overall, but I'm not sure what's there that a press would help.

Good eye. You are correct on the following:

1) Bottom left corner has small tear. 2) There's a color break (not a tear) between the P & E.  3) Small chip on upper right edge of book. 4) very small spine ding on left, adjacent to the fire.

There is no chipping on top of book -- that is red ink over-bleed on top of cover.  The black cover is hard to scan properly to show all detail.

I agree.  Not sure a press is going to help except to make the current condition/page quality present a a minimal amount better.