• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis Question
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I was wondering something about Metropolis Collectibles, there's a few books I am looking at but, they say call to make an offer, how does that work? Do I call and make an offer and do they decide right then and there if it is good enough or not?

On 10/26/2021 at 7:50 PM, goldsilverap said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I was wondering something about Metropolis Collectibles, there's a few books I am looking at but, they say call to make an offer, how does that work? Do I call and make an offer and do they decide right then and there if it is good enough or not?

Honestly, I think you'll have to call them and ask. I haven't seen this before, but I've made offers on several books through ComicConnect. The books on consignment took a few days to get a response.  Nothing was immediate. 

I kind of wonder if they are looking to negotiate trades for auction items so they are trying to strike up a conversation?

On 11/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, djzombi said:

Yeah, I don't bother with the "offer" selections.  
As an aside, I've placed two orders with them in the last year, and was disappointed with the grading each time.  These were raw books, mind you.  

Not the tightest grading, as I recall...  :whistle:

On 11/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, adampasz said:

Also, if like getting your comics in a timely manner, you might enquire about the shipping time...  :whistle:

Yeah, that as well.  Books didn't get shipped for like over a week.  I don't mind that as much as the inaccurate grading, though.  

Guess I'll have to look elsewhere.  They were my back-up after Mycomicshop.