• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the status of the smelly fanboy?

42 posts in this topic

I'm smelly, but I'm not really a "fanboy". For one, I don't own a single statue or comic-themed t-shirt and I don't pursue autographs.

You know, I've never "got" the whole autograph fascination. I can see talking to somebody you admire for a minute and how that's cool, but the act of signing something has never made an impression for me. I'd much rather have a genuine conversational moment of somebody's time, something that's given freely or not given at all. Paying $20 for a signature and the chance to talk to somebody just, to me, epitomizes a kind of whoredom, on both the buyer and seller's part. Too weird for me.

Sorry to hear yer smelly, blob. flowerred.gif

This whole thread is beyond funny.

I'm not a smelly fanboy, but I've come across quite a few over the years in Alaska.

Sorry Blob.......

I did just buy some stuff called "funk" or some other similar name that you can spray on hockey gear and make it smell good.

I could let you know where to get some.

PM me if interested. poke2.gif

I haven't been to a convention in 10 years. Has the smelly fanboy changed at all?

Since they stopped having the Big Apple Shows at the church location, I have noticed a decrease in fanboy fermentation. I have joked about this to Storms before, nothing like the smell of a fanboy during the summer at the St. Paul's church ( no air conditioning.)

yup, you guys all say you aren't smelly, but after a few hours of scrounging through the bins i bet you're all smelly!

(I am not smelly after I take a shower before work. Sometimes my wife even tells me I smell nice. That's pretty much over by 2:00 p.m.)

God this bring's back memories. (Spooky ones. 27_laughing.gif )

I still remember going to my first convention back in the early 80's. (In Toledo at the Ramada Inn.) I was 14 and was amazed at all the goodies as I paid my $2 and entered. It didn't take long to discover a new breed of people. I still remember looking through a comic box as a fat, smelly guy came up to the dealer and started talking away. He stood right next too me, as if I wasn't there. So, here I am trying to look through the box as I edge away. What spooked me was what the guy was talking about. (He had to be in his mid-40's.) He told the dealer he thought Kitty Pryde was so sexy and hot. Now, this is around the time of X-Men #140. Here I am thinking that there is just something plain wrong with that situation. I proceeded to scoot away and steered clear of this guy.

Yeah, it comes with the territory. You'd think that common courtesy would dictate that these porcine stenchmongers could acquaint themselves with soap and water, but nope.

And then they follow you around deliberately. mad.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, it comes with the territory. You'd think that common courtesy would dictate that these porcine stenchmongers could acquaint themselves with soap and water, but nope.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Speaking of smelly fan-boy's........ poke2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif

devil.gifhi.gif

i sort of find it irritating when these guys think they can use their blubber and smell powers to block me out of a long box I want to go through. oh, wait a minute, maybe that's me using my blubber and smell powers....

what i hate is when one of these guys gets himself planted in front of some choice dollar bin material and meticulously goes through each frigging book in the box while I'm waiting to get in there. and then they buy like 2 comics.

what i hate is when one of these guys gets himself planted in front of some choice dollar bin material and meticulously goes through each frigging book in the box while I'm waiting to get in there. and then they buy like 2 comics.

I'm worse.

I usually do that and end up buying zip. tongue.gif

I'm worse.

I think I met you at the last show I set up at......... foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

poke2.gif

I'm worse.

I think I met you at the last show I set up at......... foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

poke2.gif

devil.gif

I'm worse.

poke2.gif

devil.gif

I want one hour of my life back!!! sign-rantpost.gif

I'm worse.

poke2.gif

devil.gif

I want one hour of my life back!!! sign-rantpost.gif

After I was finished I farted in the air-space too. devil.gif