• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: The Flash #1 The New 52
3 3

16 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, Randall Ries said:

Perhaps I am misinterpreting?

Untitled.png

Oh interesting.  I would not tend to grade down significantly on that at all.  Would be really interested in what others think.  Paging @grendelbo or @Funnybooks - would you be kind enough to weigh in, would really like to hear your educated guesses on how CGC views this.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:42 AM, Funnybooks said:

anyone else notice something different?

Each example don't have perfect wraps; the last is a newsie; the first example looks to be the only copy presenting gripper holes at the bottom edge of the front cover which is a manufacturing defect for this issue.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, Funnybooks said:

anyone else notice something different?

For the record, I would agree that if the book was otherwise mint, the defect alone should drop the book to 9.6 on a good day and 9.4 in a worse case scenario :foryou:

If you mean the DC book, I would expect a 9.4. It doesn't look like a manufacturing defect. It looks like a staple pull to me.