• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel SA-BA — a few books | Cold war books added, and a Blackstone — CLOSED for now
2 2

46 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

It’s been quite awhile since I ran a sales thread here. My desire would have been to start with some interesting comics material from the WW2 period (including late 1930s and immediate post-war years), mostly non-USA, but this has proven a bit difficult to get sorted, so while I prepare it, I considered selling the few duplicated Marvel SA-BA books that I have left.

I will offer the books in small batches. I will invoice regularly at the end of each batch, and very likely most of the already posted will be deleted and moved elsewhere.
I will also probably add more books in the following weeks, non-Marvel and some 1950s books, but not a huge amount of material.

As a general rule, I always try to price fairly but I will not offer discounts. Of course I will combine shipping costs and try to have the less expensive options from Italy.

You can find my kudos thread here.

I try to grade books accurately but I’m no professional grader – mostly the grade listed is the grade I’d be satisfied with if I was the buyer.

IMPORTANT: I am based in Italy. Postage costs are pretty high, so check the table below.

Rules: The first :takeit: (icon or text) in thread wins. You can purchase by PM but at your own risk – I will go by time stamp.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal, TransferWise. In case I already know you, International Bank transfers are fine. Please no people on the HoS or Probation list.

Shipping rates:  I ship from Italy. Rates indicatively as follows (Zone 1 is Europe and UK, Zone 2 is Americas, Asia and Africa, and Zone 3 Oceania).
Airmail does not have a tracking number, so for more expensive purchases I will use only Registered, and I recommend it anyways. 

For total amounts of over $300 I will ship to USA through registered courrier for a flat fee of $39. This will be good up to 2kg (approx 4,4 lbs.)

Zone1	Zone2	Zone3

Airmail / 1-2 bks:		10.50	15.00	20.50 USD

Airmail / up to 8-10 bks:	13.50	20.50	27.00 USD

Airmail / up to 16-20 bks:	21.50	34.50	41.00 USD

Registered / 1-2 bks:		17.50	22.60	28.80 USD

Registered / up to 8-10 bks: 	23.50	32.50	43.00 USD

Return policy: I do not offer returns as it would be impractical cost-wise from here, but in the unfortunate case I missed something drastic (like a cut out page or ad) I will make sure to make you whole.

Thanks for looking! :)

:news: P.S. There is currently a great Virtual Comic Convention going on (VCC 50), Halloween Spectacular, so if you are looking for better variety and excitement than you could find here, make sure to drop by and have a look around the booths. :makepoint:

Edited by vaillant

Iron Man #9

Iron Man battles the Hulk.
In VF range. A very nice copy, main defect is a small stain at the top (see scan). A tear at the staple on the back cover (and first pages) seems production related.

$125 :news: MOVED

Spoiler

o0IdSI8.jpg

Spoiler

TD6vL96.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Captain America #231
"Aftermath!" --script by Roger McKenzie. Art by Sal Buscema and Don Perlin. Cover by Keith Pollard and Al Milgrom. 
VFNM
Captain America #232
 "The Flame and the Fury," --script by Roger McKenzie and Jim Shooter, pencils by Sal Buscema and Don Perlin, inks by Don Perlin.
NM-. Pence copy.

Both for $16 :news: MOVED

Spoiler

1vqNLFr.jpg

Spoiler

sF1l75a.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Doctor Strange #177
“The Cult and the Curse”, ---script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Tom Palmer; Asmodeus assumes form of Dr. Strange, to fool the Ancient One. New costume. The "lovecraftian" atmosphere Roy Thomas has been weaving for some issues intensifies.
Nice copy in the VF range (graded by Worldwide as 8.4) with great page quality. This issue is tough in grade, as is #183.

$85 :news: MOVED

Spoiler

wavC65P.jpg

P4rsHDE.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Marvel Spotlight #14
Third Son of Satan story. Steve Gerber starts writing the title with ”Ice and Hellfire!”. Pencils by Jim Mooney, inks by Sal Trapani
VF-/VF, fresh copy.
$10
 :news: SOLD Larryw7

Spoiler

5aZRySa.jpg

Spoiler

kdRAsRo.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Marvel Spotlight #24

"Walk the Darkling Road!", -script by Chris Claremont, pencils by Sal Buscema and Bob McLeod, inks by John Romita and Bob McLeod. Last issue in the series. Daimon Hellstrom vs. his sister, Satana.
VF-, Don Rosa copy (with certificate).
$24

5AjNTyQ.jpg

G56ivjf.jpg