• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my.. Invaders #7 (1976)
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I'm struggling to be optimistic with this book.. on the one side (front cover) it's decent.. clean and presents well. However on the back cover, it appears to be a different book! (not literally).. with discolouration and staining (it appears only one small area of the staining has gone through to the inside pages (rear top left).

I don't know what this would do to the book grade wise, or whether to bother sending it for encapsulation, hence advice sought from the experts.. 

Where do you think this would end up?

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6084.JPG

IMG_6085.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG

Upper Edge Wear, A Few Spine Stress Lines W/Color Break, Left Lower Corner Blunted/Creased...

The Spots at the top appear to be Foxing along with other stains on the rear cover, can it be cleaned?

Considering that FMV for Invaders 7 in FN/VF 7.0 - VF 8.0 is only $25.00 - $35.00 (actual eBay auction sales) I would just bag and board the book and enjoy it as it is.

FOXING. Tiny orange-brown that appear on the cover and/or interior pages of a comic book that is caused by mold.

• Foxing -  is an age-related process of deterioration that causes spots and browning on old paper such as comics. Usually small circular dots.

6.0 FINE (FN):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with no significant creasing or other serious defects. Some accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases. Inks show a significant reduction in reflectivity. Blunted corners are more common, as is minor staining, soiling, discoloration, and/or foxing. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. A minor spine roll is allowed. There can also be a 1/4" spine split or severe color break. Staples may show minor discoloration. Minor staple tears and a few slight stress lines may be present, as well as minor rust migration. Paper is tan to brown and fairly supple with no signs of brittleness. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present. Centerfold may be loose.

Edited by marvelmaniac