• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Wolverine Limited #1 - Advice Requested Miller Signature Submit or Not - Grade is In
4 4

19 posts in this topic

OK, above and beyond a PGM request, debating sending it in for the Miller Signature Series event and of course a pressing. 

For your consideration:

1. Would submit for pressing as it has more waves than a typhoon induced ocean. I had Chris Claremont sign a few years ago and realize it would be the green/yellow signature series label. Side pics show a few, small spine ticks that will drop grade. Inner pic shows tight staples so got that going for it. What do you think on grade?

2. I know if I submit with the unverified Claremont sig on the front, it would get green. Would you submit to get the green stripe at top, yellow label for Frank Miller signature event?

1123669937_Wolverine1front.thumb.jpg.0609535062d12bf36aff4de35db86dd1.jpg1807890811_Wolverine1back.thumb.jpg.92b2ba373b0b5b2cd2c8ad7fcf8d99dc.jpg1524240789_Wolverine1Top.thumb.jpg.94619f69058761f6b33f16b0f4d92844.jpg1984826722_Wolverine1bottomclose.thumb.jpg.34df138323a2777d1925257c6bc0d260.jpg1528785862_Wolverine1in.thumb.jpg.6d28a6efa20b48f9a75b22ec724b3c39.jpg

Edited by rexinnih
Grade received

I'm terrible with low grades, but I'd say you're in the 3-4 range at best as is. If submitting yes I'd definitely press. After press if you get rid of all the waves I'd suspect 8.5, at best. Spine ticks, corner blunting and possibly some color break along the top cover. (Assuming no staining whatsoever) 

Regarding the sigs I personally love this cover and don't care for sigs on it, no matter the placement. That being said if its for your PC and you want Frank Miller yes, go for the green/yellow.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:23 PM, candygramformongo said:

Not trying to be a pain in the but any chance we can get pics outside of the bag?  I find it really tough to grade through it

It is out of the bag…:baiting:🤣

If you want it in your PC, go for it.  That looks like minor moisture damage in areas…I personally wouldn't bother.  I don’t submit books for sigs anyway…too damn expensive. :whatthe:

On 11/2/2021 at 12:56 PM, candygramformongo said:

I was about to make fun of myself too but even upon second look I couldn't tell for sure if it was in the bag or if it was outside but on top of something that looks bag-ish!  LOL.  But I love the poking-emoji @Galen130, hilarious!

Thank You.jpg

Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions. Went back and forth and decided to submit for Miller signing since I want this one for me. Also submitting my graded 9.6 Daredevil 181 and will post back on what the grade comes back as. 

This is a tough one to grade. I thought maybe a 5.0 at best. Be interested to see how this comes back.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:29 PM, FFB said:

Why do you guys think that pressing involves extreme pressure?  

Meaning you'll need to have a stupendous press to get into the FN/VF range.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, grendelbo said:

Meaning you'll need to have a stupendous press to get into the FN/VF range.

Oh I see what you're saying.  That warping should be very easy to remove though.  I think that book will easily press into the VF 8.0 range.  

On 11/5/2021 at 7:43 PM, rexinnih said:

Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions. Went back and forth and decided to submit for Miller signing since I want this one for me. Also submitting my graded 9.6 Daredevil 181 and will post back on what the grade comes back as. 

I submitted my 9.8 DD 181.  If it comes back less than 9.8 with yellow label I am going to cry!  Not sure if you know the answer, but FedEx delivered the package to CGC on 11/11. That means I should be okay, right, given it had to be received by 11/12?

All right, just got this back from the Miller signing. For a quick recap, had some waves and previous signature by Chris Claremont on the cover. Submitted for Miller Signature and pressing. Came back an pure Yellow Label 6.0. Assume they knocked off points for the Claremont sig on the front. But no note of "name on cover" or such as usual. Miller of course signed in black in Logan's hair. 

Grader Notes:
moderate, multiple stain back cover (no mention of previous Claremont sig on front)

This was more for my personal collection rather than future retail value. Other note is the DD 181 (previous 9.6) came back the same grade. 

Wolverine 1 Sig Series.jpg

Wolverine 1 Sig Series Signatures.jpg

Edited by rexinnih