• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM The Human Fly #2
2 2

17 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, candygramformongo said:

I'm thinking 8.0/8.5 now and solidly 8.5 after the C/P.  Assuming those wrinkles are production.....*fingers crossed*

I like this assessment.

+1

8.0/8.5

Thanks for sharing.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:23 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Looks tan , almost like been in the attic?.?😷☹️

I purchased it this way…pics may not be the best here.  Pages are definitely NOT white. :roflmao:

On 11/3/2021 at 8:35 PM, MAR1979 said:

Given the actual sales (not asking price) the past year, if not a sure thing 9.8 hardly seems worth grading costs.

Not looking to get it graded...I'm done with all that.  I'd like to have estimates if I list it for sale raw in the threads. 🙂

On 10/21/2021 at 9:28 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

I had our graders take a look and they advised that this most likely would be considered a printer's crease which is a common manufacturing defect on books from that time period.  It can have little to no effect on the final grade, depending on the size, number of creases and severity as well as the condition of the rest of the book.  It can also still receive a blue Universal label as long as there are no other defects that require a qualified label. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

I have several comics with a similar crease.  I went to the Ask CGC forum and got the above answer from a CGC rep. regarding the crease below.  If I was a buyer looking on Ebay I'd be happy if you called that an 8.0 - 8.5 thinking you are not trying to oversell or overgrade.

MarvelTeamUp.62.wrinkle.jpg

MarvelTeamUp.62.wrinkle2.jpg

Edited by Joe Peck

On 11/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, Joe Peck said:

I have several comics with a similar crease.  I went to the Ask CGC forum and got the above answer from a CGC rep. regarding the crease below.  If I was a buyer looking on Ebay I'd be happy if you called that an 8.0 - 8.5 thinking you are not trying to oversell or overgrade.

MarvelTeamUp.62.wrinkle.jpg

MarvelTeamUp.62.wrinkle2.jpg

Super helpful info - thanks @Joe Peck!!!