• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

I don't know if there are currently updates/upgrades happening this week, but I've been having issues loading photos in my sales thread all week.  I have to reload my browser, then start the listing over if the uploads didn't take.  The second time usually works, but it's very frustrating when I have to re-write the listing.  Any news on this front @CGC Mike?

• Administrator
On 12/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, Galen130 said:

I don't know if there are currently updates/upgrades happening this week, but I've been having issues loading photos in my sales thread all week.  I have to reload my browser, then start the listing over if the uploads didn't take.  The second time usually works, but it's very frustrating when I have to re-write the listing.  Any news on this front @CGC Mike?

There have been no updates that I am aware of.  The tech people will be back next week.  I will mention this to them.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

There have been no updates that I am aware of.  The tech people will be back next week.  I will mention this to them.

Many thanks, Mike.  There are still issues with posting in PM…they don’t go through half the time.  It concerns me when messaging with a potential buyer. 

• Administrator
On 12/30/2021 at 8:44 PM, Galen130 said:

Many thanks, Mike.  There are still issues with posting in PM…they don’t go through half the time.  It concerns me when messaging with a potential buyer. 

I will bring this up as well.  I know the tech crew has been real busy.   It may take a little bit to get it fixed.  

It has been an absolute mess.. Up prices. Down with quality...

Makes sense...

Today I have had 3 times the boards have logged me out. All of them when routed to to CGC home page still show as signed in. Two of those as I went to navigate back to the message boards it came up as "brief maintenance " followed by the same sign in loop. All of the times trying to navigate to the home page were EXTREMELY SLOW. (once completed timed out)

CGC needs to seriously consider a new host. This whole upgrade/update was complete trash. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 1/6/2022 at 4:32 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It has been an absolute mess.. Up prices. Down with quality...

Makes sense...

Today I have had 3 times the boards have logged me out. All of them when routed to to CGC home page still show as signed in. Two of those as I went to navigate back to the message boards it came up as "brief maintenance " followed by the same sign in loop. All of the times trying to navigate to the home page were EXTREMELY SLOW. (once completed timed out)

CGC needs to seriously consider a new host. This whole upgrade/update was complete trash. 

Agreed.  I've even seen weird page loads while trying to edit a post in my sales thread.  The view is a different look from what I've always seen in the past.  Just a few minutes ago, I was trying to edit the title of the sales thread and when I would click on the edit button at the bottom, it would take me back to be edited again.  I had to circumnavigate back to the chat boards link and start over.  The maintenance today didn't do squat, as far as I can tell.  :pullhair:

On 1/6/2022 at 5:36 PM, Galen130 said:

The maintenance today didn't do squat, as far as I can tell.  

I do not think there was any maintenance.  Seems as those it was just this chitty host glitching like the POS it is... 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do not think there was any maintenance.  Seems as those it was just this chitty host glitching like the POS it is... 

Damnit!!  And I was hoping that some good was going to happen today!!!  NO MAINTENANCE???!!! :ohnoez:lol

Dumpster Fire.gif

While the login issues are still a bit of a mess, Google search results seem much better. Most searches don't need CGC at the front depending on the topic. Nice to see you have someone who understands SEO giving good advice. https://www.cgccomics.com/sitemap.xml is a nice addition and will certainly help some. I see some decent implementation of Schema too https://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

If CGC paid to have someone look at this, it was money well spent.

• Administrator

So, I had an e-mail drip campaign installed on the forum.  I was originally going to use it to provide reminders of new rounds ect... via PM to people in the grading contest but, that is proving to be a difficult task.  Today, I set up a campaign and added a step so people who make their first post on the forum will automatically receive a welcome PM from me, and it also gives them a few pointers.  I thought I would share this.

image.png