• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not OK, really not ok...
4 4

171 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 12:34 AM, kav said:

I think he was shooting for "feign accountablity"

I think we should give partial credit for it!

On 11/27/2021 at 12:35 AM, kav said:

he got the meat sweats.

Meat sweats are probably at an all time high: Turkey, Ham, bacon, who knows what else! 

meat sweats joey.jpe

Edited by Comics4All

On 11/27/2021 at 12:36 AM, Comics4All said:

Not sure about Egg a muffin, but you can't order 25 Egg McMuffins at Mcdonald's, Kav told me! 

in one of the original Micky D commercials from back in the day the guy eating it at the table pronounced it "egg a muffin" it was LOL funny 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:33 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Egg a Muffin turned 50 this year......

Really? She doesn't seem that old... 

Wait... nevermind.. That was a Lorno . Egg MacStuffins.. 

On 11/27/2021 at 12:42 AM, 1950's war comics said:

in one of the original Micky D commercials from back in the day the guy eating it at the table pronounced it "egg a muffin" it was LOL funny 

"Egg a muffin" comes from a 1970s National Lampoon skit.  It was uttered during a parody of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, called Mr. Roberts Neighborhood, performed originally by Bill Murray and Christopher Guest.  It appeared on one of the Lampoon comedy albums, That's Not Funny, That's Sick!.  Here's a couple of guys lip-syncing the skit from the record album.

Edited by namisgr

On 11/27/2021 at 3:08 AM, namisgr said:

"Egg a muffin" comes from a 1970s National Lampoon skit.  It was uttered during a parody of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, called Mr. Roberts Neighborhood, performed originally by Bill Murray and Christopher Guest.  It appeared on one of the Lampoon comedy albums, That's Not Funny, That's Sick!.  Here's a couple of guys lip-syncing the skit from the record album.

thanks thats a funny skit , but i specifically remember a McDonalds commercial from the early-mid 70's with a middle aged man who pronounced it egg a muffin..

we all (my friends and the kids in the school) made fun of that guy and started calling them egg a muffins even to this day  ,... !!  but i have searched the internet and i can't find that commercial

it might have been a local commercial from the Detroit area

On 11/27/2021 at 9:15 AM, 1950's war comics said:

thanks thats a funny skit , but i specifically remember a McDonalds commercial from the early-mid 70's with a middle aged man who pronounced it egg a muffin..

we all (my friends and the kids in the school) made fun of that guy and started calling them egg a muffins even to this day  ,... !!  but i have searched the internet and i can't find that commercial

it might have been a local commercial from the Detroit area

Most likely this is what is called  'screen memory'-a vivid, realisic memory of something that never happened.  About 30% at least of childhood memories are screen memories.