• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How 'bout a history lesson for the new guys.
6 6

252 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, shadroch said:

You already played that card a couple of hours ago.

yep thats what they all say.

On 11/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, kav said:

New guy shows up and has to start blocking ppl never a great sign of future success here.

Truth ^

On 11/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

That’s nice. If I don’t find this place useful, I’ll move on. *shrug*

@kav aint that bad,just started on the wrong foot!be patient theres great info on the boards(thumbsu

On 11/5/2021 at 6:57 PM, universal soldier said:

My 2cents here. You come across as very combative, with a my way or the highway vision of your opinions. You don't seem receptive to differing opinions and unwilling to learn from others here who have incredible amounts of knowledge about the hobby. I learn new things here every day and consider myself a better collector for it.  I've had my battles with a few on here over the years, that will happen.  We've had minimal interactions so far and I have nothing against you yet :) Take it for it's worth or don't...

Wisdom:cloud9:

On 11/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, Namtak said:

@kav aint that bad,just started on the wrong foot!be patient theres great info on the boards(thumbsu

On 11/5/2021 at 3:57 PM, universal soldier said:

My 2cents here. You come across as very combative, with a my way or the highway vision of your opinions. You don't seem receptive to differing opinions and unwilling to learn from others here who have incredible amounts of knowledge about the hobby. I learn new things here every day and consider myself a better collector for it.  I've had my battles with a few on here over the years, that will happen.  We've had minimal interactions so far and I have nothing against you yet :) Take it for it's worth or don't...

All i did was make an analogy to explain why removing dust isnt restoration and i got the snarky reply and Harumph!!  No one tries to explain things to ME!
Nothing we havent seen many times before.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:33 PM, oakman29 said:

So we are all in agreement that pressing is restoration?

I didnt think so.....

Press on compadres. 😥

It is.  The argument has always been well if you put comics under books in hot attic it do the same thing!
Well if you accidentally slice off the edge of a book in a paper cutter accident it do the same thing as trimming too-

On 11/5/2021 at 7:53 PM, kav said:

It is.  The argument has always been well if you put comics under books in hot attic it do the same thing!
Well if you accidentally slice off the edge of a book in a paper cutter accident it do the same thing as trimming too-

I didn't realize this was a debate.  The grading company that is providing you with this forum (as well as CBCS, for that matter) does not consider pressing to be restoration.  It is therefore not restoration.  Case closed.  You (and Oakman) are free to have your own interpretations, of course, but your interpretations are not industry standard and likely never will be.