• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TURNAROUND TIMES
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!!

I would like to ask the veterans of the group, does it usually take so long to get comics graded, I sent in, in May, they´ve been grading/imaging7encapsulation, since July, and one magazine size comic I sent, it is still sheduled for grading, which means, that the oders are going to be ready and that one will not be?, sincerely, I think this whole process is just too long, I dont know if its something punctual or is it always like this.

Well, thank guys for your help. 

On 11/5/2021 at 4:32 AM, chulapito said:

Hello everyone!!

I would like to ask the veterans of the group, does it usually take so long to get comics graded, I sent in, in May, they´ve been grading/imaging7encapsulation, since July, and one magazine size comic I sent, it is still sheduled for grading, which means, that the oders are going to be ready and that one will not be?, sincerely, I think this whole process is just too long, I dont know if its something punctual or is it always like this.

Well, thank guys for your help. 

Hello and welcome to the boards.  Unfortunately, lead times at CGC for economy are ridiculously long right now.  Check out this thread for more information:

On 12/25/2021 at 10:47 PM, wombat said:

I will say this. Between the ridiculous times and all the horror stories about books being damaged, wrong labels, etc. I regret sending my books in and wish I never did. 

I'm just hoping that the grades you get offset the pain of waiting.  :wishluck:

It looks like the CCS turnaround times have increased again; twice in the last month.  They went from 179 days to 209 days, and now 217 days as of today.  I've got 19 books that were delivered in April and checked in, in May and they still haven't been pressed.  This is when quick press was still an available option.   

Also, I'm hoping that I get to use my $150 grading credit before it expires.  I renewed my subscription last April when turnaround times for pressing and grading were a lot less.  At this rate my comics won't reach the grading process before my subscription expires this upcoming April.  The customer service rep. said that I should be able to use the credit because my comics were submitted before my subscription will have expired, but I'm very skeptical. 

Worse of all, I have foolishly submitted another 30 books in four separate batches.  I wonder if CGC will ever stop accepting CCS submission in order to catch up.