• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Moon Knight 200
3 3

9 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, Matt1982 said:

Thanks all. I'm particularly curious whether you all think the color rub at the lower staple back cover is enough by itself to knock the grade?

Really tough to say.  It appears to be a pretty flawless book except for that.  Is that enough to knock it to a 9.2?  I'd say no way.  9.4?  Maybe, though I think more likely a 9.6 as it's so minor and the only really flaw I can see.  But @grendelbo is the reigning champ so you should definitely give more weight to his estimate than mine!

That said, I think the real key is that once you get into differences of 0.2 instead of 0.5 you're really trying to ask a lot for not being able to hold the book in your hands and see it with your own eyes.  So if it's a 9.4 would I be shocked?  Nope.  If it's a 9.6 or even 9.8 would he be shocked?  I'm guessing nope.

So for me, at least, I might feel good about my grade usually within 0.5 and/or at least 1.0 one way or the other....but when you start talking about "off by 0.2" in my mind that's just got to be within the "sampling margin of error" ;)

Edited by candygramformongo

On 11/8/2021 at 10:37 AM, Matt1982 said:

Thanks all. I'm particularly curious whether you all think the color rub at the lower staple back cover is enough by itself to knock the grade?

I've seen color rub like that on 9.8s.  The bottom spine corner is the biggest problem I see.  

This book looks like a weak 9.6 or strong 9.4.  

Edited by FFB