• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: Slabs - Mostly Spidey non-keys. FF 52. Special Marvel Edition 15 & 16. All slabs 9.0 or better, except for the FF. Nice raw ASM 18 added.
5 5

55 posts in this topic

[SOLD]

SET 3
Special Marvel Edition 15 (serial # ending in 2003) & 16 (serial # ending in 4013)
Both copies with nice centering.
Price for Set 2:  $3,500  [SOLD]

Spoiler

SME 15-cgc 9.6-front 2003.jpg

Spoiler

SME 15-cgc 9.6-back 2003.jpg

Spoiler

SME 16-cgc 9.6-front 4013.jpg

Spoiler

SME 16-cgc 9.6-back 4013.jpg

Edited by HighVoltage

[SOLD!]

For sale:  a raw Journey Into Mystery 83
signed by Stan Lee
but with restoration on the front cover in the purple box/top of building area along the open edge (chunk out/replaced).

Grade: 2.5(R)
(please note: I had this up in the 'spare a grade' thread, and the range was estimated pretty consistently between a 2.0 and a 3.0)
There are other flaws that knock this book's grade down, so please note them below.

Price:  $3,995  (shipping included)  [SOLD!]

I've had this book for 30+ years, and I'm the one who had it signed by Stan about 30 years ago.

The restored/replaced chunk is backed with a piece of tape on the inner cover. I have no idea if it's archival tape. But that area has held together/aged well compared to typical scotch tape.
I do not know how long ago the resto was performed, as I purchased the book with this resto already in place. I do not know if any type of trimming has been performed on the right side. The edge looks to have typical wear associated with the grade toward the bottom, but I can't say for certainty near the restored area.

This is a pretty good-looking copy except for that resto area AND a bug chew along the top right corner (looking at the cover).
The chews/nibbles, counting from back to front go from the back cover all the way into page 7 of the book. The first 6 pages are unaffected.

The photos of the staples are not the best, but the staples are quite snug & have no oxidation/rust. Centerfold is secure.

Page quality is not white. Likely C to OW, but perhaps OW. The book feels supply and 'bouncy' in-hand.

There is a small moisture drop evident on the interior of the cover, LLC area.

Top of spine has a small piece out/tear away. The top edge of the back cover a little rough wear. Nothing too catastrophic.

Recent restored prices (noted on GPA) for JIM 83:  1.5 in March 2021 = $3,400.     1.5 in April 2021 = $3,200.     1.8 in Feb 2021 = $3,500.     $1.8 in March 2021 = $2,552 [cover detached].
2.0 in Oct 2021 = $8,400 [Heritage].     2.5 in March 2021 = $3,900.     3.0 in Dec. 2020 = $3,995 [signed by Stan].
Several of these examples had lighter restoration (color touch and/or glue). Some were trimmed, some had extra staples. The Heritage copy had heavy water staining.

I do believe this is a well-presenting copy for the grade & issues.

Spoiler

JIM83-front.jpg

Spoiler

JIM83-back.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-ULC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-URC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-LLC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-LRC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-StanSig.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-TopStaple.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-BottomStaple.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-TopSpine.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-interiorFC-LLC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-interiorFC-resto.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-front-resto.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-back-ULC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-back-URC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-back-LLC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-back-LRC.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-back-tophalf.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-BugChew-2.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-interiorBC-TopSpine.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-interiorBC-LowerSpine.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-Interior-Pg6 bottom.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-Interior-Pg6 top.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-Interior-Pg7 bottom.jpg

Spoiler

JIM-Interior-Pg7 top.jpg

Edited by HighVoltage

I do have quite a few more raw books coming up, but I'll start a separate thread in the mixed forum, as the group will run from Silver to Modern.
Group shot is about half of the books coming up.
Good stack of run-filler Silver/Bronze Avengers as well.
Not pictured: several bronze Moon Knight books (including WWBN 32/33/37), Black Panther & some more Warlock stuff.

Hoping to post some in the mixed thread later this evening.

GROUPSHOT.jpg

Edited by HighVoltage

SOLD! Per PM!

Amazing Spider-Man 18     8.0
Asking Price: $775   SOLD! Per PM!

Nice, clean copy. 8-9 spine ticks/stressers that lightly break color. Spine corners softening.
Top edge has overhang that bends over the interior pages. This is where most of the wear on this book is.
URC has small crease/flake and a light bend in CCA area.
Pencil-tip sized impression in title area, below ‘M’ in Amazing and ‘D’ in Spider.
Back cover very clean. Top edge, overhang wear. Slight smudge on right side, in last paragraph area.
Some light spine-area bends, LLC has light bend. Small inpression in mid-spine area, about the width of a pen tip, and 1/4” in length.

Spoiler

ASM 18-front.jpg

Spoiler

ASM 18-back.jpg

Edited by HighVoltage

On 11/21/2021 at 4:10 PM, HighVoltage said:

Amazing Spider-Man 18     8.0
Asking Price: $775

Nice, clean copy. 8-9 spine ticks/stressers that lightly break color. Spine corners softening.
Top edge has overhang that bends over the interior pages. This is where most of the wear on this book is.
URC has small crease/flake and a light bend in CCA area.
Pencil-tip sized impression in title area, below ‘M’ in Amazing and ‘D’ in Spider.
Back cover very clean. Top edge, overhang wear. Slight smudge on right side, in last paragraph area.
Some light spine-area bends, LLC has light bend. Small inpression in mid-spine area, about the width of a pen tip, and 1/4” in length.

ASM 18-front.jpg

ASM 18-back.jpg

SOLD! Per PM!

On 11/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

tissues-tissue-box-cry-baby-gadgets-and-gift-ideas-53047217.png

:drool:  This one is the drooly emoji, not the cry baby one - can't you see the tongue hanging out the side? Can't you Canadians ever get anything right? :cry: