• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Young Avengers #1
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Tough to say. The first two pics didn't seem to show enough detail (then again, it could be my eyes). Looks like the bottom left spine corner was a tad blunted from the first pic but if that's a droplet of water on the "Y", it could just be pressed out. If there's no stain in the back where that bubble is and assuming the spine has no stress marks, I'd say 9.6 (after press) as long as that bottom left is the only visible issue. Seeing that a 9.8 can have an allowable defect, you could get lucky. Great book. (thumbsu

On 11/8/2021 at 7:45 PM, John R said:

Thanks @Timeless icons

Let's say it would be a 9.4 without the bubble - what do you think the grade would be as is - without pressing out the bubble.  Thanks again

quite welcome. (thumbsu

I'm sure it would be severely impacted since stains are brutally punishing when it comes to knocking down grades and I'm thinking the bubble was from liquid of some sort. With the bubble, I'm definitely guessing sub 9s. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, Timeless icons said:

Tough to say. The first two pics didn't seem to show enough detail (then again, it could be my eyes)

Zooming becomes blurry - can't make out detail. If the book's in great shape otherwise (NM 9.4), that size stain would likely drop it to 8.5/9.0.

Thanks for posting.

Looks like a spot of moisture damage, but not a big deal if there's no staining inside.  That should press out if done professionally.  There's always the risk of very light ink breakage pressing a bubble like that.  9.2 as is.  With C&P (no ink breakage), 9.4/9.6