• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #1
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Found my old collection (collected around 2008-2009) after moving recently and found this beauty among others. Would love to know what you think. I want to get this and some others graded soon. will pressing help with some of the defects?

Thanks for taking a look

mX9JimS.jpg

MhQqIFw.jpg

rShvPLM.jpg

LpUVonb.jpg

eSSlfGw.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. 

How is CGC's pressing service? Any reviews on their work?

There's also a small printing defect on the back of the book about halfway down the green section under the Honda fit logo near the spine. The ink seems to be darker green. I have a few other books with the same ad on the back and one other has a much more noticable defect. Imgur seems to have scaled the image quite a bit  but here's the other book with a similar defect but more pronounced how will something like this effect the grade? 

PXL_20211106_192916718.jpg

9.2 as it stands.

Pressing will resolve the finger bend at front cover center-right. It will probably also resolve those spine ticks, although there's a chance there's some color break there; it's hard to tell in photographs, especially with the glare off the shiny spine! Optimistically, I'm thinking this is probably a 9.6 after pressing.

My lingering areas of concern are: 1) the back cover upper left corner; I see a white dot there, but can't tell whether that's spurious or represents some defect to that corner; and 2) the front cover, bottom left corner which might be passed off as manufacturing with no point deduction or might be considered corner blunting and keep you out of 9.8. I think the chances that one of those two issues will remain (and/or that one of the spine ticks resists pressing) are good enough that I wouldn't expect a 9.8 here. But I've been surprised lots. In any case, nice book.

I'd be happy with a 9.6! this is one of my better books so that's concerning for the rest of the collection. I'll update the post after pressing and grading. Thanks everyone for taking a look