• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Superman Reprint is this?

7 posts in this topic

That's the Famous 1st Edition....er...edition without it's wrap. Maybe someone tried to sell it as a Supes 1, was foiled then tossed it into a box. You can tell it's that due to the red print along the spine of the 1st page.

I can't believe some are still falling for that almost 50 years later.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:07 PM, Randall Ries said:

That's the Famous 1st Edition....er...edition without it's wrap. Maybe someone tried to sell it as a Supes 1, was foiled then tossed it into a box. You can tell it's that due to the red print along the spine of the 1st page.

I can't believe some are still falling for that almost 50 years later.

Tx!  Makes sense.....

On 11/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, Randall Ries said:

It's likely oversized, right? Greg Reece at Reece's Rare Comics are selling a bunch of graded ones. Ingenious way of grading, really. They have some really fine examples.

I've always found the other guys' "bag and sticker" grading option to be... pretty dumb, really. But since no one seems willing or able to produce a case that accommodates treasury-sized books, I guess it's what there is for now... meh

On 11/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, Qalyar said:

I've always found the other guys' "bag and sticker" grading option to be... pretty dumb, really. But since no one seems willing or able to produce a case that accommodates treasury-sized books, I guess it's what there is for now... meh

Well, I like it. I bought the Adams C-51 copy. I'll say this: I handle it carefully. The genius's at CGC can't even handle getting a regular book into a plastic shell without crunching it. Hate to see what they would do to a treasury sized edition. Probably fold the thing in half and jam it into a holder. Hahaaaaa!

Yeah. My guess is that CGC will start doing that as well but add a wacky hologram sticker, then claim it was their idea all along. Let's just see if CGC's graders can manage to stop ruining other peoples property and walk upright at the same time.