• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ewert Impact on Marketing

28 posts in this topic

This is the first eBay listing I've seen that addresses issues raised by the Ewert scandal.

"BEST YOU WILL EVER SEE...THIS ORIGINAL OWNER COLLECTION I HAVE UP THIS WEEK IS UNTOUCHED SINCE NEW AND NOT PLAYED WITH OR PRESSED LIKE OTHER SCAMMING DEALERS OUT THERE..."

Genuine attempt to reassure buyers or cynical marketing strategy?

I hate this guy. He's a scammer himself.

Too bad i never had the time to neg him...

I know it's now the subject of this thread, but i just have to say it.

"Scammer" as in doesn`t produce the goods, presses books, trims books, overgrades on raw, or what?

I hate this guy. He's a scammer himself.

Too bad i never had the time to neg him...

I know it's now the subject of this thread, but i just have to say it.

The guy is not a scammer. sumo.gif He's a local buddy of mine and he grades fairly well (better than 95 % of Ebay), and is honest. We hang at the LCS. His descriptions are honest. If he says no pressing, he means it. What sort of bad experiences have you had? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Please check your PM.

"Scammer" is not too hard for someone who owes me money, and just search "GCCBCO" in "Comics General".

sorry you've had bad experience with him---I've had a lot of successful transactions with him--except the "charge priority rate and ship media rate" issue....

Please check your PM.

"Scammer" is not too hard for someone who owes me money, and just search "GCCBCO" in "Comics General".

PM replied. Still stand behind him. NOT a scammer. I guess if you don't feel comfortable then don't deal with him but all his positives say something.

Roy.

this is my first post and i am the one responsible for the no pressed remark on my listings..i saw this coming years ago and personally i have sold books to dealers that clean the back cover and press em,,no bs....i have sold ungraded 9.0 books and have seen em at 9.4 blue....i sell books that are never tampered with and dont change hands 3 or 4 times before the last customer gets em...and i feel that ebayers shold know this so that they feel confident that they are not buying a cgc 9.8 but a true!!!!!!!9.8 that comes from a collection to a slab..any pressing or tampering is fraudulent and its great that the hobby only took a few years to wake up to thefts...as for negging me and other bs from this guy from france..call me direct if you have a beef with me instead of airing your dislikes like a child..im sure many of these people know me as a stand up guy....the cgc part of comics collecting will only survive if there is trust out there..and any book bought off gccbco will never be tampered with..PERIOD!!!!

this is my first post and i am the one responsible for the no pressed remark on my listings..i saw this coming years ago and personally i have sold books to dealers that clean the back cover and press em,,no bs....i have sold ungraded 9.0 books and have seen em at 9.4 blue....i sell books that are never tampered with and dont change hands 3 or 4 times before the last customer gets em...and i feel that ebayers shold know this so that they feel confident that they are not buying a cgc 9.8 but a true!!!!!!!9.8 that comes from a collection to a slab..any pressing or tampering is fraudulent and its great that the hobby only took a few years to wake up to thefts...as for negging me and other bs from this guy from france..call me direct if you have a beef with me instead of airing your dislikes like a child..im sure many of these people know me as a stand up guy....the cgc part of comics collecting will only survive if there is trust out there..and any book bought off gccbco will never be tampered with..PERIOD!!!!

Welcome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

ahhhhhhh, relax. he's French!!!

welcome to the boards..