• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Some Advice Regarding Fantastic Four #6
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I purchased a raw copy of FF #6 many years ago. When I sent it to CGC, it came back with restoration (small amount of glue on cover). I sent it to CSS, and they promptly sent it back, declining to do any restoration removal. Unfortunately, they decided to press it, despite my note of "DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE TO THIS ISSUE IF THE RESTORATION CANNOT BE REMOVED." It is now a raw book, as the case was removed by CSS.

So I want to get a replacement copy, somewhere 2.5 - 4.0, as that is all I can afford at the moment. Do you foresee that FF #6 will continue to rise in value? If so, I need to buy a copy soon. If not, I can wait for awhile in hope that prices return to earth.

Really interested in hearing your opinion. Thanks!

I’m in the yes camp too. First team-up/meeting of Doom and Subby, so much MCU potential for both. They are perennially important characters tied to each other, and as long as comics are published, writers will likely maintain their perennial importance in whatever constitutes the Marvel print/digital universe of sequential art publications too. Barring an upgrade, my copy goes nowhere ‘til it’s all over for me. 

My ultimate goal is to get FF #1 - #20, ASM #1 - #20, and DD #1 - #10 in slabs. I already have Avengers #1 - #16 and X-Men #1 - #16 in slabs.

For the FF, I am missing issues #6, #11, #13 (at CGC), #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, and #20.
For ASM, I am missing issues #12 (at CGC), #16 (at CGC), and #19.
For DD, I am missing issues #3, #5, #6, and #8 - #10.

I know that this issue is going to cost a lot of money, but, based on everyone's input, it is projected to become more and more expensive. Decisions, decisions, ....

Just for clarification, I actually own all the issues above. The books I listed are books that I need to get slabbed.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 11/14/2021 at 9:19 AM, Math Teacher said:

My ultimate goal is to get FF #1 - #20, ASM #1 - #20, and DD #1 - #10 in slabs. I already have Avengers #1 - #16 and X-Men #1 - #16 in slabs.

For the FF, I am missing issues #6, #11, #13 (at CGC), #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, and #20.
For ASM, I am missing issues #12 (at CGC), #16 (at CGC), and #19.
For DD, I am missing issues #3, #5, #6, and #8 - #10.

I know that this issue is going to cost a lot of money, but, based on everyone's input, it is projected to become more and more expensive. Decisions, decisions, ....

There's a very nice FF #6 in 9.4 on the CL Exchange for only $57,000.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

:whatthe: As someone who would consider being in the market for such a book, I couldn't justify that price.

There are a bunch of early Silver Age books in high grade on CL with very, very high pricing, probably all from the same seller.  I guess you never know who might stumble across that site with more money than sense.