What's the Furthest Place from Here? by Image Comics
0

21 posts in this topic

Made a rare outing to an LCS the other day, and on a whim picked up issue #1 of this series. I thought the cover looked cool and the series seems to have some buzz behind it.

I read it and overall I'd give it a B... good but not amazing. It feels a lot like The Walking Dead at first glance, and I'm guessing it needs time to build its world but I'm iffy on whether I'll continue. Did anyone else give this a try? Curious what you guys think. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 12:46 PM, Point Five said:

Made a rare outing to an LCS the other day, and on a whim picked up issue #1 of this series. I thought the cover looked cool and the series seems to have some buzz behind it.

I read it and overall I'd give it a B... good but not amazing. It feels a lot like The Walking Dead at first glance, and I'm guessing it needs time to build its world but I'm iffy on whether I'll continue. Did anyone else give this a try? Curious what you guys think. 

 

I have a copy on my pull and preordered the vinyl. Not sure if it got filled though since there were massive allocations. Looking forward to reading it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I have a copy on my pull and preordered the vinyl.  

I honestly don't know how to feel about the music tie-ins. Seems like a cool idea in theory? I'd be curious what you or others think of the vinyl if you play it.

I'm a music nut for sure, but not a punk fan nor a vinyl fan. Some bits of the comic, and particularly the text pages at the end of the issue, made me feel like this is aimed at a clique that I'm not part of.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 3:53 PM, Point Five said:

I honestly don't know how to feel about the music tie-ins. Seems like a cool idea in theory? I'd be curious what you or others think of the vinyl if you play it.

I'm a music nut for sure, but not a punk fan nor a vinyl fan. Some bits of the comic, and particularly the text pages at the end of the issue, made me feel like this is aimed at a clique that I'm not part of.

 

I’m a big fan of the artists they feature and have lined up, so I’m probably a bit biased in my excitement for the title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I have a copy on my pull and preordered the vinyl. Not sure if it got filled though since there were massive allocations. Looking forward to reading it 

I had preordered two of the vinyl.
One to open / spin and the other to keep unplayed.
Just checked DCBS and they were not filled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 6:03 PM, Troy Division said:

I had preordered two of the vinyl.
One to open / spin and the other to keep unplayed.
Just checked DCBS and they were not filled.

I ordered 2 vinyls as well from DCBS and doesn’t look like they filled mine either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 7:28 AM, PeterPark said:

I wish they had said farthest instead of furthest.

 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, Point Five said:

LOL, right? I went back and doublechecked when I typed out the thread title because it felt a bit off. 

 

Well, it was good enough for Chaucer, Shakespeare and Jonathan Swift. :sumo:

image.thumb.png.8ff3f343ecc042c56c8492022f14b179.png

Lots of Australians would still say 'furthest' (I would.) I did a search of our national broadcast service, and they used 'furthest' until about 2012 and now use 'farthest' as standard. So maybe a generational thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, cbalroman said:
On 11/15/2021 at 8:03 PM, Troy Division said:

I had preordered two of the vinyl.
One to open / spin and the other to keep unplayed.
Just checked DCBS and they were not filled.

I ordered 2 vinyls as well from DCBS and doesn’t look like they filled mine either. 

Same here. I preordered a copy with my other local shop but haven’t had time to swing by. No idea if it got filled or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same, I picked up an A cover to read, and the 1:25 for $15 because I liked that cover the best, and it was still "reasonably priced". I agree with you all, I thought it was not bad / pretty good, but nothing amazing. I may keep it up in single issues for a few more, but unless it pulls me in quickly, I also will likely move to trade-waiting (despite knowing that if enough ppl feel that way re: single-issues and trade-wait, can lead to books getting cancelled down the road, especially for Indies). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, cbalroman said:

I ordered 2 vinyls as well from DCBS and doesn’t look like they filled mine either. 

Just got this response from DCBS to my inquiry about some unshipped items I had...
"We have not yet been sent any of our orders for the 7 inch record variant of whats the furthest place from here #1."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 8:21 PM, Troy Division said:

Just got this response from DCBS to my inquiry about some unshipped items I had...
"We have not yet been sent any of our orders for the 7 inch record variant of whats the furthest place from here #1."

So there is still hope!  :wishluck:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, cbalroman said:

Seems DCBS got their orders of the 7inch record variant in as my current shipping list notes its included.  Thats cool!

Same!
Just got tracking for my latest order and decided to check what was included.
Most pleasant surprise given the going price for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0