• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal holding funds now?
2 2

32 posts in this topic

I received this on 11/16, which is interesting only because it was dated 10/29.

In any case, they are announcing some changes.

Notice of Amendment(s) to the United States PayPal Agreement(s)

Issued: October 29, 2021

This Page

This page details updates to PayPal users of changes to the United States PayPal User Agreement or other online agreements, policies, or statements that require notice. You can also review Past Policy Updates notices.

Upcoming Changes

We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.

Actions Needed

Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you to accept such changes. However, if you would prefer to decline them, then you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date, as described in the user agreement.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement

Effective December 10, 2021, we are:

• Relocating PayPal’s Buyer Protection program and Seller Protection program terms to separate web pages. These program terms are accepted at the time you agree to the User Agreement and remain part of the User Agreement. The relocation is intended to make the terms easier to locate and navigate.
  • Revising PayPal’s Seller Protection program to clarify that proof of shipment and proof of delivery also must include an online verifiable tracking number.
  • Clarifying that abuse of our online dispute resolution process, PayPal's Purchase Protection program, and/or PayPal’s Seller Protection program are restricted activities as defined under the user agreement.

Amendments to the PayPal Data Protection Addendum for Card Processing Products

Effective December 10, 2021, we are:

• Updating our PayPal Data Protection Addendum for Card Processing Products to incorporate the new Standard Contractual Clauses that were adopted by the European Commission in June 2021 as well as the UK standard contractual clauses.

Amendments to the PayPal Online Card Payment Services Agreement

• Updating the Chargeback Protection Services terms to clarify that you must have a PayPal business account in good standing to be eligible for such services and to provide that PayPal has the right to cancel or suspend such services immediately if reasonable notice is impracticable in order to maintain the security of PayPal’s systems and/or your account is no longer in good standing.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:03 PM, jhutton2 said:

I bet this is a Canada specific policy 🤦.   PayPal started to get their act together a few years ago for international transactions, seem to be going backwards now.

more steps for buyers and sellers 😬 as well as long wait periods for accessing funds

I am sure that is part of it, but they also flag accounts and hold funds for waffle sellers and people that use F&F as well most of the time they just
close those accounts. 

Sold 3 books within the last two weeks.  All were PayPal transactions.  On the larger purchase, PayPal withheld funds until delivery was confirmed.  There could be an amount where this policy of withholding funds begins.  OR, on the larger purchase, I invoiced the buyer vs the buyer sending me funds.  Not sure if that made a difference.

On 11/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, Kramerica said:

It's tough with Paypal being the "Go To" method for payments for so long. But there are other options....transactions via Zelle and Venmo have been hassle free for me when sending AND receiving payments. 

Paypal owns Venmo so what is the difference?

On 11/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, skypinkblu said:

I received this on 11/16, which is interesting only because it was dated 10/29.

In any case, they are announcing some changes.

Notice of Amendment(s) to the United States PayPal Agreement(s)

Issued: October 29, 2021

This Page

This page details updates to PayPal users of changes to the United States PayPal User Agreement or other online agreements, policies, or statements that require notice. You can also review Past Policy Updates notices.

Upcoming Changes

We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.

Actions Needed

Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you to accept such changes. However, if you would prefer to decline them, then you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date, as described in the user agreement.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement

• Relocating PayPal’s Buyer Protection program and Seller Protection program terms to separate web pages. These program terms are accepted at the time you agree to the User Agreement and remain part of the User Agreement. The relocation is intended to make the terms easier to locate and navigate.
  • Revising PayPal’s Seller Protection program to clarify that proof of shipment and proof of delivery also must include an online verifiable tracking number.
  • Clarifying that abuse of our online dispute resolution process, PayPal's Purchase Protection program, and/or PayPal’s Seller Protection program are restricted activities as defined under the user agreement.

Amendments to the PayPal Data Protection Addendum for Card Processing Products

Effective December 10, 2021, we are:

• Updating our PayPal Data Protection Addendum for Card Processing Products to incorporate the new Standard Contractual Clauses that were adopted by the European Commission in June 2021 as well as the UK standard contractual clauses.

Amendments to the PayPal Online Card Payment Services Agreement

• Updating the Chargeback Protection Services terms to clarify that you must have a PayPal business account in good standing to be eligible for such services and to provide that PayPal has the right to cancel or suspend such services immediately if reasonable notice is impracticable in order to maintain the security of PayPal’s systems and/or your account is no longer in good standing.

Not sure why this is a big deal since I send customers tracking #'s.  However,  I'm not sure if paypal is updating their website so that you have to put the tracking # in the payment from the customer.  Normally If there is a dispute the first thing you usually send are the tracking #'s.  

On 11/25/2021 at 12:37 PM, blazingbob said:

Not sure why this is a big deal since I send customers tracking #'s.  However,  I'm not sure if paypal is updating their website so that you have to put the tracking # in the payment from the customer.  Normally If there is a dispute the first thing you usually send are the tracking #'s.  

I didn't think any of it was a big deal, that's why it was in my deleted emails. However, I thought it was interesting that it took them 2 weeks to send it out, so I figured perhaps they were in the midst of changes.