• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Request: researching complete lists of published books
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I’m reaching out for a little advice or guidance… I’m trying to find a definitive source that can tell me all of the variants published for a specific issue/series. I figure this list has to exist somewhere! 

For context, I’ve been collecting all the covers for The Joker (vol 2) raw. But just when I think I have snagged all the variants for the early issues, I stumble across more on eBay. (Like comic-shop sponsored limited run variants).

CLZ data is inaccurate. League of Comic Geeks is incomplete (I’m doing what I can to submit data here)… and I haven’t been able to find a list over at Lunar or DC. 

Does anyone have any tips?

Edited by Arkham

On 11/26/2021 at 5:13 AM, Arkham said:

Hey all,

I’m reaching out for a little advice or guidance… I’m trying to find a definitive source that can tell me all of the variants published for a specific issue/series. I figure this list has to exist somewhere! 

For context, I’ve been collecting all the covers for The Joker (vol 2) raw. But just when I think I have snagged all the variants for the early issues, I stumble across more on eBay. (Like comic-shop sponsored limited run variants).

CLZ data is inaccurate. League of Comic Geeks is incomplete (I’m doing what I can to submit data here)… and I haven’t been able to find a list over at Lunar or DC. 

Does anyone have any tips?

League of Comic Geeks usually have the covers - not sure if it's 100%, but they list a ton - for example: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/7411816/the-joker-1?variant=6691053

As best as I know, for #1:

• Guillem March cover (the base comic)
  • Frank Quitely cover
  • Francisco Martino cover
  • Riccardo Federici sketch cover (1:25 incentive)
  • Green blank cover
  • Mark Brooks Team / Riccardo Federici cover
  • Scorpion Comics / Rafael Grassiti cover
  • Scorpion Comics / Rafael Grassiti minimal trade dress
  • Scorpion Comics / Rafael Grassiti virgin
  • Frankie's Comics / Gabriele Dell'Otto cover
  • Frankie's Comics / Gabriele Dell'Otto minimal trade dress
  • Frankie's Comics / Gabriele Dell'Otto virgin
  • 616 / Francesco Mattina cover
  • Jolzar / Francesco Mattina minimal trade dress
  • Bird City Comics / Jonboy Meyers cover
  • Bird City Comics / Jonboy Meyers minimal trade dress
  • Comic Mint / John Giang cover
  • State of Comics / Neal Adams cover
  • Sanctum Sanctorum / Mimi Yoon cover
  • Comics Elite / Ryan Brown cover
  • Comics Elite / Ryan Brown minimal trade dress
  • J. Scott Campbell cover
  • J. Scott Campbell minimal trade dress
  • J. Scott Campbell virgin
  • Dynamic Forces / Ken Haeser cover

Thanks all. This is helpful and I appreciate it. @John R- I hadn’t looked at the GCD and that looks to be the most complete list that I’ve seen. I’ll save this to use again in the future. 

I was hoping that people might have some obscure links to publisher’s inventory lists (searchable historically) or some such - so I can self-serve in the future for other titles, but I’m already very happy to have GCD saved as a bookmark. 

On 11/30/2021 at 9:09 PM, Arkham said:

Thanks all. This is helpful and I appreciate it. @John R- I hadn’t looked at the GCD and that looks to be the most complete list that I’ve seen. I’ll save this to use again in the future. 

I was hoping that people might have some obscure links to publisher’s inventory lists (searchable historically) or some such - so I can self-serve in the future for other titles, but I’m already very happy to have GCD saved as a bookmark. 

Unfortunately, there are very rarely official cover lists from the publishers. You'd think there would be, but... with rare exceptions, nope.