• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Begins on DVD!

77 posts in this topic

Anyone else think the guy in the Arkham Asylum is the Joker?

Batman walks by some cells on his way out of Arkham as his backup bats distract the police and you get a very quick look at this guy in a cell and I swear he reminded me of the Joker.

Artboy99

If anyone cares.... the 2 disc version of the DVD has been recalled and is now out of print. It will be reissued at the end of the year without the comic book. Must have been some kind of rights issue w/ the comic.

From what I heard, it was only meant to be an opening day special feature for a reduced price at selected stores. After the first day opening, everything was to go back to the regular version at the full price.

BTW: Did your 2-set version set come with a holographic box cover design?

If anyone cares.... the 2 disc version of the DVD has been recalled and is now out of print. It will be reissued at the end of the year without the comic book. Must have been some kind of rights issue w/ the comic.

From what I heard, it was only meant to be an opening day special feature for a reduced price at selected stores. After the first day opening, everything was to go back to the regular version at the full price.

BTW: Did your 2-set version set come with a holographic box cover design?

No, but the set that I got had an Error in it!

The comic book that came with it had a seperate piece of paper enclosed

that pointed out that Bob Kane wasn't the only one that created the first BatMan story that

was printed. There was supposed to be a credit to the writter that DC failed to put in there.

Obvisiously correcting and reprinting was too costly, so they just printed correction slips to

slap in the book.

Craziest thing I ever seen!

893whatthe.gif

rental all the way...and I've been liking the recent storylines to Batman (except AZZarello's and Brubaker's recent arcs). I think folks on here have been starved for a decent Bats flick since the ones with Kilmer, Kidman, Arnold, Silverstone, etc. that they lowered the bar of expectations for this one.

Christian Bale's performance is reminiscent of Hayden Christiansen in Episode II (he sucked in that movie too where he played the New Republic writer Stephen ?, who made up his facts). His affected speech was overboard - who sys Bruce Wayne is a gruff mumbler? Is that supposed to be dark or something?

i hate annoying kid actors, Young Bruce Wayne = Joel Haley Osment, anyone? Terrible writing and subplots IMO - Chill? Rachel Dawes? I didn't know Qui Gon Jinn could reprise his role in a Batman movie? the microwave vaporizer that selectively doesn't work on the water in living things like people? People just didn't act or sound like I'd expect them to. Maybe I'm just a modern Bats fan so my opinion may not count as much as others here, but I know it was a bad movie when it took me 8 different tries to see the whole movie from start to finish without falling asleep - in the middle of the freekin day, mind you... it was that slow and boring, I also wanted to punt the Rachel Dawes character just to get her to show some emotion. Crane was an effeminate flake. Gordon was played horrible by Count dracula. seemed like a mouse of a man, not to stand up to the corruptness enveloping his city - not the Gordon I've come to understand from the books. The whole development of the Bat arsenal and equipment was very A-teamesque, with Lucius Fox as Mr T. What about that horrible Batmobile were they planning on mass marketing those as street legal vehichles in 2006? The whole rambler scene smelled of a car commercial, all you were missing was Sting's Desert Rose playing in the background while Wayne's asks lucius fox if it comes in Black. another point: the one liners seemed forced, ie, the talk between alfred and bruce talking about putting the cowl and cape together...watch and hear Bale's horrible delivery of the "punch line" about having extras...makes me cringe just thinking about it. the action was fast and blurred and couldn't really make any detail out - dark ninjas fighting it out in a dark building, all dressed in dark cloth - what am I watching? a black screen with grunting noises! whoopee tongue.gif

I agree about the good lead in to the sequel's potential storyline being a nice twist but with a weak first movie, why would I even entertain the notion that the next one will be that much better that i won't feel it was a waste of money to even rent. I think this movie rank lower than Elektra IMO.... sorry.gif

I think this movie rank lower than Elektra IMO.... sorry.gif

I took your review seriously up until this point. 27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

Seriously though, I think you are in a very small minority here. Pretty much everyone I know liked it. I do agree that the Rachel sub-plot was dumb and uneccessary. I hate it when movies throw in a love interest for no apparent reason. I also thought the fight scenes were too choppy and unclear. Other than that though, I thought the movie was really well done. I liked the Scarecrow characted especially.

overkill to show how much I'm really not liking the movie smile.gif

Seriously though, I think you are in a very small minority here.

I usually am tongue.gif

Pretty much everyone I know liked it. I do agree that the Rachel sub-plot was dumb and uneccessary. I hate it when movies throw in a love interest for no apparent reason.

it was even a weak romance at that - which kiss was more "staged-feeling": Dawes on Wayne in this movie or the Watson on Parker kiss at the end of Spidey 1

I liked the Scarecrow characted especially.
The character or the fear special effects?

overkill to show how much I'm really not liking the movie smile.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seriously though, I think you are in a very small minority here.

I usually am tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

Pretty much everyone I know liked it. I do agree that the Rachel sub-plot was dumb and uneccessary. I hate it when movies throw in a love interest for no apparent reason.

it was even a weak romance at that - which kiss was more "staged-feeling": Dawes on Wayne in this movie or the Watson on Parker kiss at the end of Spidey 1

There was zero chemistry. That character really should have been cut.

I liked the Scarecrow characted especially.
The character or the fear special effects?

Both.