• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vote: should we remove ages and collapse sales forums into one?
2 2

Should we remove the G/S/B, Copper/Modern and Mixed distinctions and just have a single sales forum?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove the G/S/B, Copper/Modern and Mixed distinctions and just have a single sales forum?

• Yes
    • No

12 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, rjpb said:

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is an allowable overlap between the two, maybe allowing anything from 1980-85 to be put in either the bronze or copper forums as some sellers may have parts of runs they are selling that overlap into another era even if it's mostly from one or the other. I'm sure those who are interested in "cronze age" books already check both forums anyway, so they would be unlikely to miss out on books. 

That is already a thing, up to 1984 so your only off by 1 year.

Rule #2 List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. The Golden/Silver/Bronze Age sub-forum involves any books printed prior to 1980, and Copper/Modern Age sub-forum 1980 to present. Because opinions vary as to when the Bronze Age ends and the Copper Age begins, some overlap is allowed for books printed between 1980 and 1984. Books from any age are allowed in Mixed Age and Misc. sub-forums.

For me personally…no.  My 113 page Modern thread will keep falling off the 1st page because I don’t add stuff to it everyday.  It’s a long-running thread but it gets enough attention because folks don’t have to dig it out of the many posts in the Modern forum. 👍

On 11/28/2021 at 2:05 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I really dislike the idea of having to sort through a bunch of moderns to find GA, SA, and BA books that I'm interested in.  Filters are good.  2c

and no disrespect to those who collect moderns but I find them as foreign and unattractive as I do stamps.  To combine threads will feel like sorting through and throwing out junk mail. :preach:

On 11/28/2021 at 11:15 AM, Joshua33 said:

I believe we should add a Pulp section to the Selling Threads, too. They don't fit into any of the sub categories right now, and I believe most sellers just list them in GA.

There aren't enough pulp sales on the boards to warrant a separate selling forum.

It just seemed to me that a lot of the threads that have been pulled over the years,  violated the rules splitting the forums. So I thought it might be more convenient. I sell moderns about once every 5 years, so it doesn't bother me having them split.