• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adam Legend Of The Blue Marvel Question
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I have a question. Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 is a sought after and very valuable book and I am trying to determine why. Prior to the Wandavision show (during which rumours sprung up about potentially seeing the character's alter ego in the show), this book was still a valuable book and sought after book.

I read the first issue. It wasn't bad but felt like a commentary I have read before. The character design isn't bad but doesn't blow me away, nor does the artwork on the series. This ish had a print run of 17000 which is low for the time. My question is is the value solely based on low print and a number 1, with an appearance of a new character? Are there huge fans of this otherwise unknown character? I am just curious is all :) I plan on reading the other issues but wanted to ask this before I dove in. 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bird said:

Adam is included in some panels showing future Avengers I believe, or some such. 

Now someone will come in to clarify how I was close but not really.

I just find it somewhat of an anomaly. A character that had this series (and not much after to my knowledge) that commands such a premium and did so pretty much right away after release….

On 12/2/2021 at 7:37 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I just find it somewhat of an anomaly. A character that had this series (and not much after to my knowledge) that commands such a premium and did so pretty much right away after release….

There is some mystery surrounding it, but there are rumors of him popping up in the upcoming "Marvels" movie and the character has shown up in comics here and there (the last one I remember was the recent "Doctor Doom" series). Still, even with that and the fact that it was valuable long before movie rumors is strange.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:58 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

There is some mystery surrounding it, but there are rumors of him popping up in the upcoming "Marvels" movie and the character has shown up in comics here and there (the last one I remember was the recent "Doctor Doom" series). Still, even with that and the fact that it was valuable long before movie rumors is strange.

Right? I don’t think it’s was a $300-400 Nm raw book until these last couple years but it was still a $200 high grade book pre covid which struck me as bizarre. It’s not like a mile Morales or x-23 or kamela khan who have loads of fans and are popular and are similar eras. Yet this book is right behind those…

On 12/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, comicginger1789 said:

He's been the leader of The Ultimates.