• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 4 and Silver Surfer 1 (serious color fading post grading)
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well! I'm reaching out because I have a question about a friend of mines books. They have an Avengers 4 CGC 7.5 and a Silver Surfer 1 CGC 7.5. Unfortunately the books were displayed in an area where direct sunlight was able to reach the covers. As a result there has been serious fading on both covers and am not entirely sure how much the grade would be impacted now. I have never experienced this before and any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

Avengers 4, SS1.jpg

Edited by TheDarkJoke27

On 12/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, TheDarkJoke27 said:

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well! I'm reaching out because I have a question about a friend of mines books. They have an Avengers 4 CGC 7.5 and a Silver Surfer 1 CGC 7.5. Unfortunately the books were displayed in an area where direct sunlight was able to reach the covers. As a result there has been serious fading on both covers and am not entirely sure what the grades would be now as a result. I have never experienced this before and any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

Avengers 4, SS1.jpg

To get a proper grade, you would need to resubmit the books....

On 12/7/2021 at 7:30 AM, Jaylam said:

How sad, 2 very nice books ruined.

Very sad. 

On 12/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, TheDarkJoke27 said:

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well! I'm reaching out because I have a question about a friend of mines books. They have an Avengers 4 CGC 7.5 and a Silver Surfer 1 CGC 7.5. Unfortunately the books were displayed in an area where direct sunlight was able to reach the covers. As a result there has been serious fading on both covers and am not entirely sure how much the grade would be impacted now. I have never experienced this before and any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

I am curious about a couple thing though about this unfortunate situation...like how long did this take to happen? And where were they exactly? In front of a large window with the sun beaming in?

And as to answering your question, I would expect 5.0 range now for both, possibly lower. It is a fair amount of fade and I don't know that it makes it into the Fine zone. 

On 12/7/2021 at 10:01 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Very sad. 

I am curious about a couple thing though about this unfortunate situation...like how long did this take to happen? And where were they exactly? In front of a large window with the sun beaming in?

And as to answering your question, I would expect 5.0 range now for both, possibly lower. It is a fair amount of fade and I don't know that it makes it into the Fine zone. 

I'm not entirely sure how long they were on display for possibly 2 years or more. They were in a room and I believe there was a window across from them. It is extremely unfortunate.