• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #6 - Face to Face with the Lizard!
3 3

15 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 11:20 PM, BoogieWoogie said:

Does the top and bottom edge of the back cover look whitened?

The boundary that separates these areas looks quite unusual.  But don't rely on a single sense -- gently move your finger-tip back and forth between the "natural" and "whitened" zones (light finger pressure, please).  Can you detect any change in roughness/texture?

Whitening looks like the aging of the paper to me.

It's hard for me to look at this book now and not see this -

lol.thumb.jpg.3dd1e608d0273f456a57ff877721ecf2.jpg.ecff8404bb3f9c6cfe6a060a2f3a38e7.jpg

Nice copy though. SA pence issues are great. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by grendelbo

On 12/11/2021 at 8:10 AM, zzutak said:

The boundary that separates these areas looks quite unusual.  But don't rely on a single sense -- gently move your finger-tip back and forth between the "natural" and "whitened" zones (light finger pressure, please).  Can you detect any change in roughness/texture?

Great advice and something I never would've thought of! Feels normal, same as the rest of the bc not brittle, no change in texture. I feel much better now, thanks B|

3.0 my guess. It looks like a few of those large spine cracks in the second photo might have hits of gray color touch... not really enough to affect the grade, but unfortunately a purple label does seem a possibility.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, Funnybooks said:

yes...I meant risky that this copy may not be blue label...have you tried high magnification and a black light?

I have a magnifying glass with a light but I don't have a blacklight handy. I have to go to the store later maybe I can swing by Home Depot or something and grab one. I did take two more pictures and I am starting to lean towards you guys being right. I thought the spine was just a bit dirty but there does appear to be light touch in some of the larger spine ticks

2054671718_dsnFEvn-Imgur.thumb.jpg.f3d799dc3c2cfc446ae49adc30ce5b91.jpg

719210612_rgzQKpF-Imgur.thumb.jpg.d5979866ed2d95de2aa2199ccb9529f0.jpg

I'll check with the blacklight for sure but it looks like I'll be on the hunt for an ASM 6 soon lol 

For anyone curious I am now leaning towards this being unrestored. Took it to my LCS to take a look and he fastidiously applied a cotton makeup round and... the thing is just dirty lol 

Specifically we went to work on the area in the last image I posted and after a soft rub x 1000 or so it came clean with no damage to the inked area. Just lots of surface dirt and grime I think. Cleaning the spine may be a bit trickier but I'll see what I can do today and I'll repost afterwards