• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM v2 47 (Sort of)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Alright, so this may not be kosher for this group, but it seemed like an easy way to get an answer. I just received two ASMv2 books that were listed as VF-to-NM. All other things being equal, they're perfectly normal, 9.2 or 9.4 books, but they both have some issues that I'm unsure how to grade. The first photo belongs to book one, the latter three photos to book two. On a book that otherwise is a 9.4, how would you grade it with a defect like in pic 1? And likewise for a book with issues seen in pics 2-4?

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

On 12/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, Funnybooks said:

7.0/7.5 on the first copy depending on if that defect is a tear

8.0/8.5+ on the second copy if those are the lone defects

more pics would help...

Thanks! Like I said, these are the only real significant issues with the books. The top photo isn't a full tear, just a color-breaking crinkle. I'm just trying to figure out if I should maybe reach out to the seller about them having been listed as VF-NM. They also sent me a fourth printing of an issue on a listing that did not mention it wasn't for a first printing, so I'm already pretty unimpressed.

On 12/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, Funnybooks said:

7.5..maybe 8.0 on the first copy since it's just creased

I would consider the second copy if you must choose one. it appears closer to 9.0 but I would hold out for a better copy. 

seller seems to be overgrading

Thanks, that's really all I was trying to figure out. I don't really have much experience with books that have just one or two significant defects, so I wasn't sure how impactful they'd be on otherwise solid NM copies.