• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide in hand

200 posts in this topic

Silver Age X-Men. Just looking for general info. Maybe how much of a % they went up from last year on average.

Also, have they included more detailed info on price variants? Have key books seen a large increase over all (TOS 49, etc...)?

Maybe you could just give us a general assessment?

well i have it had for all of 10 mins so will do what i can......

here is a breakdown of a few XMEN keys:

all NM prices:

#1 -- $11K

#14 -- $400

#58--$140

#94--$950

#100--$150

GS #1 -- $1150

TOS #49 - - $325

Those prices are out of whack, using Hulk 181 as the base. No way any raw NM GS X-Men 1 and X-Men 94 copies go for anywhere near $1K. Graded maybe, but then the Hulk price is cracked.

I think the Hulk price is in-line with a in-hand, high-end dealer raw copy of Hulk 181, but not way for the X-issues.

I agree it seems 181 should be higher or the others lower, although I know a 9.6 XM94 would surpass the $5K a 9.6 181 is getting now... at least 2-3 copies would.

Aren't you a strong supporter of how OS gathers and reports data? Maybe the dealers that report back are actually making sales in those figures...isn't that how it works? or is there some formula now where they factor the related CGC sales into the average somehow?

Got it! Nice $25 door stop - as far as pricing info and stats go. Worthless as far as buying or pricing cgc books. Same boss as the old boss. The important books increased in the 9.4 category a bit - Spidey 1 to $32k for ex - but they dropped down the new 9.0 prices. If you know the key books and are familiar with sales on ebay, these prices will look like jokes. Have no idea where they got the stats to develop these prices. Like the new bigger format though - so far looks like a real triumph of style over substance.