• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
5 5

607 posts in this topic

Greetings Gang!

Got all my sorting finished earlier than I expected, so I'm starting up my last sales thread of the year a bit earlier than planned.
I have approximately 140 1950's war books in absolutely wretched condition to burn through, I hope to get them done over the 
course of this evening and tomorrow evening. During the day any Early Birds or afternoon  Mixed Grille will be just that, a mix
of 40s 50's and 60's mainstream and oddball books. If I can muck out all the Rough Readers by end of evening tomorrow then
Thursday I'll start working on the midgrade and nice war books. 

To start the day out  I'm coming in with a freebie, a $5.00 book, a nice lower grade and a solid copy to give you all an idea of 
what's on the menu,  along with a couple of  Mixed Grille humor books to round out the afternoon.  I intend to start  pushing out
the junk this evening at 7 PM EST and push until I burn through the first half or fall asleep at the keyboard, lol 

But first:

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$9.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$16.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$16.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Navy Action 11

Cover completely split along spine, interior is just a few loose pages that may or may not belong with this cover, :D 

FREE!  Fly the flag and it's yours!  CLAIMED!

ZNAVYACTION11.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's a good sample of a $5 book

Battle 37

Spine split, cover loose, chipping, couple outer leaves split to boot. Offwhite pages

Asking $5  SOLD!

ZBATTLE37.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's a nice low-to-midgrader. 

Battle 23

Small chips out RH edge FC, bit of light soiling BC, minor general wear.  Flat and tight, glossy, cream - offwhite pages

Asking $50

ABATTLE23.jpg

Aaaaand the first of  a good number of  Big Five DC war books

Star Spangled War Stories 36

Tiny chip off lower  RH FC, some little sprinkles of water BC. Not enough to stain,  but enough to lose the gloss.
Gotta hold the book at an angle to spot them.  Mumble, mutter
Flat, tight, glossy, offwhite pages

Asking  $60

ASSWS36.jpg

So there's the spectrum.  Free,  five bucks, nice midrange war books for nearly all the thread, starting with free and $5 tonight.

But in the meanwhile:

Jonesy 85 (#1)

Light water upper RH BC, dogear lower LH BC, bit of general wear.  Otherwise flat, good gloss,  tight spine and CF,  offwhite - white pages

Asking $45

AJONESY.jpg

Tessie The Typist 10
Four pages of Powerhouse Pepper by Wolverton!

Flat, tight spine and CF on the  single staple, white pages. Minimal wear,  whiff of soiling BC

GPA shows a 4.0 sold in October at $350

Asking $250

ATESSIE19.jpg

And that's it for this afternoon, tune in this evening at 7 PM for a big ol' pile of truly wretched Rough Reader war books, :D

Oh, and there will be no "FREE with the NEXT sale!" business either.  It's free,  you claim it first, it's yours. 

See you this evening!

Drum roll please!

EVERYTHING TONIGHT IS  FIVE BUCKS OR FREE!

Ba DOOM tish!

All American Men of War 37
Cover completely split,  detached.  Plenty of chipping.  Interior is nice, offwhite pages

$5  SOLD!

ZAAMOW37.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 12/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, catrick339 said:

Greetings Gang!

Got all my sorting finished earlier than I expected, so I'm starting up my last sales thread of the year a bit earlier than planned.
I have approximately 140 1950's war books in absolutely wretched condition to burn through, I hope to get them done over the 
course of this evening and tomorrow evening. During the day any Early Birds or afternoon  Mixed Grille will be just that, a mix
of 40s 50's and 60's mainstream and oddball books. If I can muck out all the Rough Readers by end of evening tomorrow then
Thursday I'll start working on the midgrade and nice war books. 

To start the day out  I'm coming in with a freebie, a $5.00 book, a nice lower grade and a solid copy to give you all an idea of 
what's on the menu,  along with a couple of  Mixed Grille humor books to round out the afternoon.  I intend to start  pushing out
the junk this evening at 7 PM EST and push until I burn through the first half or fall asleep at the keyboard, lol 

But first:

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$9.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$16.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$16.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Navy Action 11

Cover completely split along spine, interior is just a few loose pages that may or may not belong with this cover, :D 

FREE!  Fly the flag and it's yours!

ZNAVYACTION11.jpg

On 12/14/2021 at 1:18 PM, catrick339 said:

Here's a good sample of a $5 book

Battle 37

Spine split, cover loose, chipping, couple outer leaves split to boot. Offwhite pages

Asking $5

ZBATTLE37.jpg

On 12/14/2021 at 7:01 PM, catrick339 said:

Drum roll please!

EVERYTHING TONIGHT IS  FIVE BUCKS OR FREE!

Ba DOOM tish!

All American Men of War 37
Cover completely split,  detached.  Plenty of chipping.  Interior is nice, offwhite pages

$5

ZAAMOW37.jpg

:takeit:

All American Men of War 31 

Spine split on entire book, all pages  still  present. 

$5 SOLD!

ZAAMOW31.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All American Men of War 32

Cover and most of  book split up the spine, lots of chunks out of cover 

FREE  CLAIMED!

ZAAMOW32.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All American Men of War 36

Cover and several leaves split, plenty of chipping

$5  SOLD!

ZAAMOW36.jpg