• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Crack Comics #51- Best Werewolf Cover of the GA- SOLD
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Only one book this time around!

My Kudos Thread

Rules are as usual:

First:takeit:wins! Supersedes negotiations, PM with offers!

No HOS'ers or Probe

Payment: PayPal or check, will ship once check clears

Shipping: USPS Priority with full insurance. USA SHIPPING ONLY

Returns: Raw books 3 days of receiving books for full refund. CGC graded no returns. 

Will always listen to reasonable offers or if you have any questions about the books please don't be shy!

Thanks for looking!

Edited by mustang33guy

On 12/14/2021 at 10:34 PM, Joshua33 said:

You're one of my favorite boardies, but... ever hear of Crypt of Terror 17?

Though your profile pic is indeed very cool, I think you kinda proved his point amigo.

A headline, vs an actual scary looking lycanthrope?

On 12/15/2021 at 12:03 AM, Joshua33 said:

No accounting for poor taste. Plus... maybe study the cover of COT 17 more? (shrug)

A small wussy-looking werewolf in a freakin' suit. "Um, excuse me miss, do you mind if I just kinda, you know, stalk you a bit? Thanks, that'd be great."

On 12/14/2021 at 9:10 PM, Point Five said:

A small wussy-looking werewolf in a freakin' suit. "Um, excuse me miss, do you mind if I just kinda, you know, stalk you a bit? Thanks, that'd be great."

"Mmmmmm. I'm gonna need you to come in this Saturday... that'd be great mkay..."

Not trying to :deadhorse:... but post Lycanthrope transformation... my money is on Beyond #1. The book you have for sale is a great price for a great book. If somebody loves werewolf books, they should jump on this. Like you said, it's the earliest. Its tough, too.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 12/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, pmWolf said:

I guess it depends on if you prefer classic-movie Lon Chaney looking werewolves (flat faces), or actual wolf-looking werewolves. 

Definitely two trains of thought at work here. Both awesome in their own ways!

van helsing.gif

lon chaney.gif

On 12/15/2021 at 10:29 AM, mustang33guy said:

Definitely two trains of thought at work here. Both awesome in their own ways!

van helsing.gif

lon chaney.gif

Right, and Lon Chaney's Wolfman film was hampered by the tech/makeup that was available in 1941. They really couldn't make anything with a long-snout, and have it be convincing on the screen. Because of those limitations, you get his iconic look. (But, quite honestly....it isn't really "wolf-like." You could title the movie "The Panther Man", and the makeup would still work. 

Say what you will about the Van Helsing movie....those Werewolf designs were amaze-balls. 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, pmWolf said:

Right, and Lon Chaney's Wolfman film was hampered by the tech/makeup that was available in 1941. They really couldn't make anything with a long-snout, and have it be convincing on the screen. Because of those limitations, you get his iconic look. (But, quite honestly....it isn't really "wolf-like." You could title the movie "The Panther Man", and the makeup would still work. 

Say what you will about the Van Helsing movie....those Werewolf designs were amaze-balls. 

I may be in the minority of public opinion but I loved Van Helsing. It came out and was what it was supposed to be, an over the top, somewhat campy horror epic.  A close second and third for me are the ones from the Underworld franchise and American Werewolf in London.  

menacing-terrifying.gif

american werewolf.gif