• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - TRADE ONLY - 2 PCH books - help me with my Trading Challenge!

10 posts in this topic

Awesome!  

I once saw a special where some dude turned a paperclip into a house.  No joke.  He traded up like dozens of times (I can't remember).  But it's a cool challenge for sure!  Good luck! 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, Erndog said:

Awesome!  

I once saw a special where some dude turned a paperclip into a house.  No joke.  He traded up like dozens of times (I can't remember).  But it's a cool challenge for sure!  Good luck! 

Thanks very much!

Dropping my ask to single $250 book for this pair of PCH classics! That Fantastic Fears cover is worth the price of admission!

Any book worth $250 will do!

Thanks for the all the kind words and well-wishes so far!

I'm hoping with all the PCH fans here I can find someone to give these a good home. One of the best parts of this challenge so far has been helping other collectors find the books they really want.

Just as an example of how the challenge works at its best. In the first round, one of my initial dollar bin books was a Megaton #2, with the first cameo appearance of Savage Dragon. I met a collector who had a complete run of Savage Dragon, including Megaton #3, and was only missing #2. He was thrilled to get it, and traded me a Flash vol. 2 #92 (first Bart Allen) and a Micronauts #1 for it, completing his collection in the prcoess. 

In the second round, I met a collector who had a complete run of Flash vol. 2, except he was only missing #92! So I traded the #92 to him to complete his run :cloud9: and in return, he sent me mid-grade copies of Avengers #100 and Iron Man #118. 

And in the third round, I made a trade with a collector who had been looking for both Avengers #100 and Iron Man #118. He sent me a Showcase #73 for the pair.

So three collectors got to fill major gaps in their collections, and I traded a Megaton #2 - that I paid 50 cents for - for a Showcase #73 and a Micronauts #1. So far!

It's been super gratifying to meet these collectors and help them find the books they need, and it's been really fun to get all these new books coming in that I've never owned before. Even if I never get to the All-Star #8, it's a lot of fun! :)

Anyway, this is turning into a journal. lol 

Thanks all!

CLOSED for now, thanks all! I will return in a few weeks or months when I have a new list of comics to trade. 

Edited by Crimebuster