• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions on how much to offer for ASM 19-192

28 posts in this topic

The seller is just getting on my nerves now. I tried to pin him down to a price to purchase and his reply was "1 million dollars"

I am tired of his game.

Artboy99

Was he joking? You never can tell with people misreading some of the guides out there, giving everything they own the 9.8 prices. Either way, doesn't sound like someone I would be comfortable dealing with. confused-smiley-013.gif

Was he joking? You never can tell with people misreading some of the guides out there, giving everything they own the 9.8 prices. Either way, doesn't sound like someone I would be comfortable dealing with. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, and this sounds like one of those guys who *knows* exactly what his comics are worth, and is trying to sucker a newb speculator into over-paying. For example, he may realize he can get $5K by selling them on EBay, but hopes he can lure someone into overvaluing it, and then paying $6K or more, making him some extra cash and saving time.

I've seen this at yard sales and auctions; people with beat up old drek, all with $10 and $20 price tags on it, just looking to hook a "OMFG, all old comics are worth a fortune" sucker. These guys know the books are virtually worthless on EBay (and probably bought them there) and are the players, not the playee.

I have been chasing this guy's comics over a year. Perhaps that is what is bothering me more than his joking reply. I am wanting him to get serious about actually selling the comics, tell me the buy it now price and let's move on with it. When I ask for the price he jokingly says " 1 million dollars". Ok haha- haha, funny. Now tell me the real price. I have not heard a thing since and it has been another 2 days.

Just losing all patience. I will buy someone else's comics.

Artboy99

I have been chasing this guy's comics over a year. Perhaps that is what is bothering me more than his joking reply. I am wanting him to get serious about actually selling the comics, tell me the buy it now price and let's move on with it. When I ask for the price he jokingly says " 1 million dollars". Ok haha- haha, funny. Now tell me the real price. I have not heard a thing since and it has been another 2 days.

Just losing all patience. I will buy someone else's comics.

Artboy99

hi.gif

cash,american money,G.I.?

No, none not a single issue.

This started because I bought a collection of comics a couple of years ago and the seller wouldnt ship to Canada, so I had to use the Atlanta office of the company I work for to receive and then ship to me. The manager of the Atlanta branch helped me out, and asked what was in the boxes and I told him comics so we got to talking about comics and it turned out he had a collection he inheirited from his Father. The collection had several issues I was after and he was in fact interested in selling them.

He claims the comics are in fine to Very fine condition, so I expressed an interest and I have since then, been waiting for him to simply tell me how much he wants.

I was hoping to get a good deal since he knows me ( we work for the same company ), and I would offer him better than he will get from any comic shop. he doesnt have the time to sell it on Ebay properly. To me, we are mutually helping each other out. I am just starting to question how interested he is in actually selling the books since it has been a year and a half.

I brought it to the board to get some advice on how much to offer him in an attempt to force a deal. Should he be interested great, if not I am done wasting my time with the guy.

Artboy99

The seller is just getting on my nerves now. I tried to pin him down to a price to purchase and his reply was "1 million dollars"

I am tired of his game.

Artboy99

He must be joking.

Or he's screwy.gif