• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE NORTHMAN starring Alexander Skarsgard, Nicole Kidman (2022)
1 1

55 posts in this topic

Good Lord! That was one heck of a brutal revenge movie.

Hardcore battles. Gore galore. No-holds-barred scenes of reclaiming honor through killing. And in the end no redemption for anyone as they were all part of a brutal culture.

:headbang:

On 5/14/2022 at 3:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

Good Lord! That was one heck of a brutal revenge movie.

Hardcore battles. Gore galore. No-holds-barred scenes of reclaiming honor through killing. And in the end no redemption for anyone as they were all part of a brutal culture.

:headbang:

Haha glad you liked it, was a really fun watch! Nice little twist at the end too. 

The dream sequences were pointless.  The battles weren’t great, IMO (some looked pretty fake).  The storyline was old & tired.  Again, the only interesting thing was the revelation with Kidman.  

Bummer this didn't work for you. Seriously.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:27 PM, chrisco37 said:

The storyline was old & tired.

This I have to disagree with as...

Spoiler

I don't think we have commonly seen a vengeance story where the protagonist allowed himself to be made a slave, branded himself to blend in the rest, allowed himself to be tortured as an abused slave. All to ensure he can enact his vengeance quest.

The Nicole Kidman twist my wife and I figured out early as when the kid rushed in her room she came at him to beat the kid with the coldest of eyes. It was clear something sinister was going on there.

I hope those make sense. Though not meaning you should agree with it all and change your mind. It sounds like next to nothing worked for you with this story.

:cheers:

On 5/14/2022 at 11:54 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I’m very much looking forward to a Mondo poster if and when one comes out. It will go next to my VVitch poster!

A1032BCB-4932-4938-AD14-F41C21913CB0.jpeg

That looks fantastic!

lol why did they give the woman a sword?

I mean, yeah wouldn't give her the thong, though maybe she'd want it?

I say this tongue in cheek, you uncomedic rapscallions