• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,622 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 4:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

weird-banana.gif.d35745c8157cc9276c176282a58ea67f.gif

I'm in tears here, after having fallen to my knees. I've never seen content so relatable, that just gets me, understands me on such a personal level. I feel like this was MADE for me, you know. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Anyone else want to step forward, into the light? 

I really want to know how they get all of this stuff down here.  One person with all this stuff moving it into the subway without calling attention to it.

Welcome to the NYC’s Campgrounds where we ignore all of this and it’s getting worse for everyone all around.  It’s bad for the homeless, the commuters and the city in general. 

Small sampling of today’s commute.  Some pictures were not appropriate to post or were probably not safe to take. 

9C3D2CF0-2F4F-4D37-AC80-70C922196828.jpeg

6F6A8487-1787-43F7-A620-5F9B5DB370C6.jpeg

1D684E14-E99C-43C5-A255-12EA9B411E1B.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/12/2022 at 4:11 AM, Buzzetta said:

I really want to know how they get all of this stuff down here.  One person with all this stuff moving it into the subway without calling attention to it.

Welcome to the NYC’s Campgrounds where we ignore all of this and it’s getting worse for everyone all around.  It’s bad for the homeless, the commuters and the city in general. 

Small sampling of today’s commute.  Some pictures were not appropriate to post or were probably not safe to take. 

Much different in Boise downtown. Visited there in July, did not see any homeless, or encampments anywhere. I am a DTLA commuter and was surprised that DTB was no where near what we see in NY and DTLA.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

I used to do social work at a needle exchange, and one night I was out with my girlfriend clubbing. I saw a homeless guy passed out in the street, and I couldn't tell if he was breathing. I asked her to give me a second while I just checked if he was okay, telling her he wasn't a regular (no real point to that, but you get to know what some take, could have come in handy). As I approached I saw the back of his pants were down. When I got up close to him I saw he was breathing, and right at that moment he unleashed a massive poop volcano on the street, nearly hitting me. 

I noped the heck out of there. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:34 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I'm in tears here, after having fallen to my knees. I've never seen content so relatable, that just gets me, understands me on such a personal level. I feel like this was MADE for me, you know. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Anyone else want to step forward, into the light? 

1940762712_200(12).gif.86c0c731211d394cda8e71d444406503.gif

On 1/12/2022 at 6:11 AM, Buzzetta said:

It is so sad to see this and to watch it continue to grow. In the little town I am in there is not as much of an issue, but 20 minutes away is Pensacola Fl and there most of it has changed as they started trying to "clean up" the area by removing most of the areas that the homeless were camping.  

They started by removing the ramps that used to sit under bridges and making them sheer walls so they couldn't get up under the bridges.  Passing ordinances to move all dumpsters into locked areas so they couldn't set up next to them. Making it illegal to panhandle.  (Although you still see it just not as much) 

Once they really started pushing against the homeless a lot of them all got together and set it all up next to one of the  "soup kitchens" located under a raised highway  which has continued to grow and expand.  

20220112_111645.jpg.1a43d5b4a3d274f4dba2b2c73cb70dd8.jpg

Due to its continued expansion and the city of Pensacola has been "revitalizing downtown " which is only about half mile south from where you see above the city has pushed back again and ordered the camp be cleared by January 31.

20220112_111815.jpg.51bf6485ad94f92eedb5a6deaf48025e.jpg

However the ACLU has already tried to step in and say that Pensacola will face "legal troubles " if they try to force those to leave to "clear the camp"

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 1/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I used to do social work at a needle exchange, and one night I was out with my girlfriend clubbing. I saw a homeless guy passed out in the street, and I couldn't tell if he was breathing. I asked her to give me a second while I just checked if he was okay, telling her he wasn't a regular (no real point to that, but you get to know what some take, could have come in handy). As I approached I saw the back of his pants were down. When I got up close to him I saw he was breathing, and right at that moment he unleashed a massive poop volcano on the street, nearly hitting me. 

I noped the heck out of there. 

nope-octopus.gif.3e9662f31d9844de537f5053ca4929ba.gif

On 1/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It is so sad to see this and to watch it continue to grow. In the little town I am in there is not as much of an issue, but 20 minutes away is Pensacola Fl and there most of it has changed as they started trying to "clean up" the area by removing most of the areas that the homeless were camping.  

They started by removing the ramps that used to sit under bridges and making them sheer walls so they couldn't get up under the bridges.  Passing ordinances to move all dumpsters into locked areas so they couldn't set up next to them. Making it illegal to panhandle.  (Although you still see it just not as much) 

Once they really started pushing against the homeless a lot of them all got together and set it all up next to one of the  "soup kitchens" located under a raised highway  which has continued to grow and expand.  

Due to its continued expansion and the city of Pensacola has been "revitalizing downtown " which is only about half mile south from where you see above the city has pushed back again and ordered the camp be cleared by January 31.

However the ACLU has already tried to step in and say that Pensacola will face "legal troubles " if they try to force those to leave to "clear the camp"

Off-Topic post: This is a complicated problem and treating the symptoms in this manner is not going to solve it.  I'll say no more.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

You don't work for the tourist bureau, that's for sure!

On 1/12/2022 at 9:33 AM, MattTheDuck said:
On 1/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Expand  

Off-Topic post: This is a complicated problem and treating the symptoms in this manner is not going to solve it.  I'll say no more.

There would be so much more sympathy for the homeless if they didnt leave mounds of trash for OTHER people to clean up.  You dont know what it's like until you have a homeless man living in your carport with 2 dogs for months and the cops cannot do anything, as has happened to me, and picking up their refuse constantly.  I'm of the mindset "they dont care about me-I dont care about them".
Was it san fransisco where the plague returned due to mounds of trash and rats?  I think it was san fransisco-

On 1/12/2022 at 3:55 PM, kav said:

There would be so much more sympathy for the homeless if they didnt leave mounds of trash for OTHER people to clean up.  You dont know what it's like until you have a homeless man living in your carport with 2 dogs for months and the cops cannot do anything, as has happened to me, and picking up their refuse constantly.  I'm of the mindset "they dont care about me-I dont care about them".
Was it san fransisco where the plague returned due to mounds of trash and rats?  I think it was san fransisco-

EWT9gs8kWpzhWuAx3e0MBQ5gG4Gy6qxLubJ58-rHoCU.jpg.8dd9be3f6bc241a2942d8ec3dd9e9438.jpg

On 1/12/2022 at 1:55 PM, kav said:

Off-Topic post:  "Sympathy" - at least on the part of those in a position to do something about this situation - is part of the problem.  It tends to blunt the kind of actions that might need to be taken to actually implement solutions.  I'll say no more.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Off-Topic post:  "Sympathy" - at least on the part of those in a position to do something about this situation - is part of the problem.  It tends to blunt the kind of actions that might need to be taken to actually implement solutions.  I'll say no more.

I understand.