• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,622 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 11:20 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Somebody is thinking aboot Ducktales....:baiting:

Woo oo. 

One of my first attempts at online dating many years ago was a total disaster. The girl wasn’t very bright, but she was really nice and absolutely beautiful judging by the pictures she’d sent me. As a little background, she told me she was 5’2 and worked out, and had an average to slim body. I didn’t think anything of her telling me her height because she asked me mine, and that’s not always easily deduced from photos.
But her telling me that she worked out and had an average/slim body was odd because that was clear from her photos. After a couple weeks, we set a time and place to meet. I arrived at a park near a gazebo she said she would be at. I looked through my windshield, but all I saw was this really tall, obese woman wearing pajamas standing inside.
She was easily 6’4” or 6’5”, certainly taller than I was. I thought maybe she was late, because clearly there was no 5’2” petite female in sight, so I call the girl. I’ll never forget what I saw next. I see the PJ woman’s flip phone light up and play a song I didn’t recognize, and she answered. It was her. She said “I see you,” immediately hung up, and started walking towards my car.
That was the moment I knew I’d wasted an hour of my time driving out to meet a stranger. I hit the lock before she could open door and rolled down the window with a “do I know you?” She said something along the lines of “Yeaaahhhh, I’m a bit taller than I said.” I apologized, said I had to go, and I pulled away. Whatever my type of girl, starting out any relationship on an easily verified lie is a gigantic red flag.
She texted me a minute or so later and told me it was screwed up of me to make her get ready to go out just to leave her hanging. Her version of “getting ready” was putting on old unwashed pajamas. I ended up hanging out with some friends I hadn’t seen in years that happened to live 20 minutes away, so it wasn’t a total loss. Bullet dodged, nonetheless.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, kav said:
One of my first attempts at online dating many years ago was a total disaster. The girl wasn’t very bright, but she was really nice and absolutely beautiful judging by the pictures she’d sent me. As a little background, she told me she was 5’2 and worked out, and had an average to slim body. I didn’t think anything of her telling me her height because she asked me mine, and that’s not always easily deduced from photos.
But her telling me that she worked out and had an average/slim body was odd because that was clear from her photos. After a couple weeks, we set a time and place to meet. I arrived at a park near a gazebo she said she would be at. I looked through my windshield, but all I saw was this really tall, obese woman wearing pajamas standing inside.
She was easily 6’4” or 6’5”, certainly taller than I was. I thought maybe she was late, because clearly there was no 5’2” petite female in sight, so I call the girl. I’ll never forget what I saw next. I see the PJ woman’s flip phone light up and play a song I didn’t recognize, and she answered. It was her. She said “I see you,” immediately hung up, and started walking towards my car.
That was the moment I knew I’d wasted an hour of my time driving out to meet a stranger. I hit the lock before she could open door and rolled down the window with a “do I know you?” She said something along the lines of “Yeaaahhhh, I’m a bit taller than I said.” I apologized, said I had to go, and I pulled away. Whatever my type of girl, starting out any relationship on an easily verified lie is a gigantic red flag.
She texted me a minute or so later and told me it was screwed up of me to make her get ready to go out just to leave her hanging. Her version of “getting ready” was putting on old unwashed pajamas. I ended up hanging out with some friends I hadn’t seen in years that happened to live 20 minutes away, so it wasn’t a total loss. Bullet dodged, nonetheless.

One of the few times I tried online dating, the first thing she asked after we sat down at the restaurant was, "did you beat your ex-wife?"

I wish I was making that up.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, kav said:

Too

Many

Wheatcakes....

mega_sized_mj_by_kagekira101_depywe6-300w.jpg.f5190920bbc0a170dd55a8e6c5385d66.jpg

On 2/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, D84 said:

One of the few times I tried online dating, the first thing she asked after we sat down at the restaurant was, "did you beat your ex-wife?"

Was this said in an accusatory fashion, or in a playful fashion?

On 2/1/2022 at 4:30 PM, D84 said:

well-waiting.gif.3d679749aa04825d2ed6475b72ea70ba.gif

So did you? :baiting:

Also...

Renegade-Pervert.gif.bf1e0e20b32fa07bdd7d16a7a1f27686.gif

Me if I were posed this question would sit there with an awkward silence for a minute or two, while taking a drink then calmly describe the plot to The Shining in 1st person replacing Jack's name with my own..

Spoiler

Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) /  became a winter caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel in Colorado, hoping to cure my writer's block. I  settled in along with my  wife, Wendy (Shelley Duvall) Insert name here , and my son, Danny (Danny Lloyd), who is plagued by psychic premonitions. As my writing goes nowhere and Danny's visions become more disturbing, I discover the hotel's dark secrets and begin  to unravel into a homicidal maniac hell-bent on terrorizing my family.

Then go off on tangents of specific instances where you describe scenes as if they were personal memories.  

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Synonym Rolls , Like Grammar Used to Make.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, D84 said:

I would of replied "no-did you?"

On 2/1/2022 at 4:55 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Me if I were posed this question would sit there with an awkward silence for a minute or two, while taking a drink then calmly describe the plot to The Shining in 1st person replacing Jack's name with my own..

It was tempting to make a snide comment, since I knew it was going nowhere.