• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,382 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 4:47 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Why are there so many potato films based on true stories? 

you cant **** around in films abt potatoes.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:11 AM, kav said:

you cant **** around in films abt potatoes.

Exactly, Kav. Potatoes film impart a certain dignity upon the actors involved, the director, producers, screenwriters, hell the subject itself. It's not something to be made a mockery of. That potato license did NOT come cheap, you know you're going have to make a good film with lots of appropriate merchandising just to make ends meet.

Merchsndising has been where a lot of these films have failed. They just assumed people would go out and buy potatoes. There was no clear branding promotion leading customers from point A to point B. It seems like the simplest thing in the world, yet big potato is yet to get behind the idea. Many have speculated as to why this is, so I won't bother repeating it all here, suffice to say that some of it is some scary stuff, reasons that have no place in the potatoes film world of 2022.

I'm hopeful for future projects. I've seen a few actors recently that made me sit up and think 'you, you could play a legume', so we'll see what happens and how things unfurl. I guess the takeaway here is that ultimately things are bright for the potato film industry, and we're set for a bumper 2022 crop, if we can just adjust the customer experience of getting the named potatoes they want and love from their favourite film. 

On 2/22/2022 at 11:33 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Exactly, Kav. Potatoes film impart a certain dignity upon the actors involved, the director, producers, screenwriters, hell the subject itself. It's not something to be made a mockery of. That potato license did NOT come cheap, you know you're going have to make a good film with lots of appropriate merchandising just to make ends meet.

Merchsndising has been where a lot of these films have failed. They just assumed people would go out and buy potatoes. There was no clear branding promotion leading customers from point A to point B. It seems like the simplest thing in the world, yet big potato is yet to get behind the idea. Many have speculated as to why this is, so I won't bother repeating it all here, suffice to say that some of it is some scary stuff, reasons that have no place in the potatoes film world of 2022.

I'm hopeful for future projects. I've seen a few actors recently that made me sit up and think 'you, you could play a legume', so we'll see what happens and how things unfurl. I guess the takeaway here is that ultimately things are bright for the potato film industry, and we're set for a bumper 2022 crop, if we can just adjust the customer experience of getting the named potatoes they want and love from their favourite film. 

20220222_032047.jpg.424df72c481f2253bd25d65e4cd86b65.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 12:37 AM, Funnybooks said:

cat dragging GIF

Can you explain what the original reference meant, please? Whatever it was totally flew over my head. I seem to have that problem with this user.