• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,337 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I will go ahead and say it.

It is me.  Probably 90% of the fecal posts and 20-30% of the "soft core" posts are mine.  I will take the blame(or credit) depending on how you view it.

I have tried to stay within the guidelines of what is specifically allowed on the forum and there are times where I am on the line or just over. I have received points and vacations for my missteps.  Mods have been very fair. 

One of the issues is that some may see some of these posts and feel that things are not fair. That is not the case.  

I will just quote  Gloria Loring..

Appreciate you taking the hit if you think what you posted was over the line.  Not sure why Marwood feels the need to keep hitting Mike up with his "concerns".  If Mike had an issue with a post I'm sure he can take the appropriate action but all these fragile folks these days are just a joy kill and time suck.  Either they have blue hair and you can only see their knuckles when you're driving behind them (get off my lawn!) or they have blue hair and saggy pants and have a bunch of participation trophies (I'm triggered!).  Ugh.    

On 4/25/2022 at 6:01 PM, JJ-4 said:

Appreciate you taking the hit if you think what you posted was over the line.  Not sure why Marwood feels the need to keep hitting Mike up with his "concerns".  If Mike had an issue with a post I'm sure he can take the appropriate action but all these fragile folks these days are just a joy kill and time suck.  Either they have blue hair and you can only see their knuckles when you're driving behind them (get off my lawn!) or they have blue hair and saggy pants and have a bunch of participation trophies (I'm triggered!).  Ugh.    

No worries. Not about taking a hit. It is the truth.  I make no qualms about what I post. I am not trying to hide it . I have not done it with malicious intent or just to test the bounds as some would think. It is merely entertaining to me. Some agree. Some do not. I am not really here for either. 

I am entertaining myself.  (shrug)

On 4/25/2022 at 6:04 PM, MattTheDuck said:

As I always say, "If it's worth using 10 words to make your point, it's worth using 100."

It could be worse, I have a feeling onlyweaknesskryptonite is coming in with a "pic" worth more words than imaginable!

DisguisedIgnorantIrishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif

On 4/25/2022 at 5:56 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Well, this is the point.  This thread was created in part specifically for "off topic" posts - says it right in the title of the thread.  We might note that there is no prohibition on "on-topic" posts in this thread.  The idea that posts in this thread have to be "comic related" is inaccurate because almost any post about comics is, by definition, "on topic" on this site.  In this thread "off topic" posts - of which we now have over 1000 pages - "are allowed!" and can therefore not be about comics and still meet the purpose/allowances of the thread.

Now, "off topic" does not mean "in violation of the terms of service" so Mike should certainly be moderating any posts that are and there's no problem with other users complaining to Mike about posts that actually are in violation.  But there's also a certain level of unattractive "busy-bodyness" involved in going into a thread where you know things you won't like - but that don't violate TOS - exist and then complaining about it.  I understand the strategy - complainers believe Mike has a tough job here and he's likely to want to lessen the complaining he gets, so the easy route is to lock, block, delete or whatever the things people complain about.  He's shown tremendous restraint in this area and let some pretty bogus threads run on for a while, hoping against hope they get back on track.  It did not disturb my sleep that those threads weren't instantly shut down at the first sign of trouble.

1039501315_giphy(18).gif.c935c6a24f5ac8c134c44f590ca94804.gif

On 4/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 4/25/2022 at 6:04 PM, MattTheDuck said:

As I always say, "If it's worth using 10 words to make your point, it's worth using 100."

It could be worse, I have a feeling onlyweaknesskryptonite is coming in with a "pic" worth more words than imaginable!

DisguisedIgnorantIrishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif

Well I tried to add a few, unfortunately....

FB_IMG_1599608911648.jpg.2be7703b466158fb912eadaf39d25513.jpg

On 4/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, Heavyheavyheavy said:

I still have my VHS copy with the "Wanna date?" interactive cover (thumbsu

I know I still have mine as well, but packed up a lot of my VHS when I was reorganizing my media room.