• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,652 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2022 at 5:22 PM, kav said:

that was jury nullification more than anything.

I mean, any not guilty verdict is jury nullification by that view lol but he testified it was self defense and the jury agreed. Now maybe the jury just didn’t want to convict him, but i don’t know how likely that is.

On 7/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I mean, any not guilty verdict is jury nullification by that view

naw

"Jury nullification occurs when a trial jury reaches a verdict that is contrary to the letter of the law because the jurors either: disagree with the law under which the defendant is prosecuted, or. believe that the law shouldn't be applied in the case at hand".

youre welcome.

I was gonna get married once but then I thought if you get married, next thing you know you've got a wife-

On 7/4/2022 at 5:28 PM, kav said:

naw

"Jury nullification occurs when a trial jury reaches a verdict that is contrary to the letter of the law because the jurors either: disagree with the law under which the defendant is prosecuted, or. believe that the law shouldn't be applied in the case at hand".

youre welcome.

Sure…. But the letter of the law in this case allowed for a self defense claim, he testified on the stand for said claim and as the Philadelphia Inquirer put it “The verdict means that the jury of six men and six women believed Ung when he testified Monday that he had acted in self-defense when he shot DiDonato on a Market Street sidewalk.” So they did apply the law (self defense) properly in this case.

On 7/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Sure…. But the letter of the law in this case allowed for a self defense claim, he testified on the stand for said claim and as the Philadelphia Inquirer put it “The verdict means that the jury of six men and six women believed Ung when he testified Monday that he had acted in self-defense when he shot DiDonato on a Market Street sidewalk.” So they did apply the law (self defense) properly in this case.

I wasnt mocking you when I posted :roflmao:in reply to your question of which state-I thought you were making a joke-and a damn good one.  Thats why I tagged Buzz.
But now you've got me curious-if you say that some states would consider that a legitimate self defense, what level of response would be warranted legally?  Busting someone's kneecap?  hitting 'em in the head with a 2 by 4?  Shooting them?  what does the law, in your view, say about this?

I know there are civil remedies to someone having an affair with your wife but I have never heard its ok to go beat them up legally.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, kav said:

If anyone is in need of some insults, I just came up with these beauties:

walmart customer who shouldnt be wearing stretch pants

Leaning tower of manure

towering inferno of stupidity

poseidon adventure of idiocy

walking infinity plus one of stupidity

human cryiing shame

ridiculous hello kitty fan

human sushi mistake

gomer pyle's biggest fan

insufficiently_thoughtful_person deluxe

insufficiently_thoughtful_person deluxe with cheese

I prefer Texas classic, "bless your heart."

On 7/4/2022 at 2:54 PM, D84 said:

I prefer Texas classic, "bless your heart."

(worship)

On 7/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, kav said:

naw

youre welcome.

Screenshot_20220704-150240_Google.jpg