• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,652 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2022 at 5:42 PM, kav said:

I wasnt mocking you when I posted :roflmao:in reply to your question of which state-I thought you were making a joke-and a damn good one.  Thats why I tagged Buzz.
But now you've got me curious-if you say that some states would consider that a legitimate self defense, what level of response would be warranted legally?  Busting someone's kneecap?  hitting 'em in the head with a 2 by 4?  Shooting them?  what does the law, in your view, say about this?

It varies from state to state. Some states have a reasonableness requirement (I.e the level of my response has to be reasonable relevant to the “threat” they’re responding to.) other states don’t have a duty to retreat, and allow for lethal force in “defense” of yourself or others. So if I’m threatening your girlfriend and you have a reasonable belief that I intend to cause her physical harm (maybe I said something to the effect I plan to sexually assault her) you could, in some states, use a 2x4 to whack me or even shoot me dead. But again, varies by state, and reasonableness is decided by a jury.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:32 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It varies from state to state. Some states have a reasonableness requirement (I.e the level of my response has to be reasonable relevant to the “threat” they’re responding to.) other states don’t have a duty to retreat, and allow for lethal force in “defense” of yourself or others. So if I’m threatening your girlfriend and you have a reasonable belief that I intend to cause her physical harm (maybe I said something to the effect I plan to sexually assault her) you could, in some states, use a 2x4 to whack me or even shoot me dead. But again, varies by state, and reasonableness is decided by a jury.

modern-problems-chapelle.gif.bcab884941b1d0630de711404060f067.gif

On 7/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, jaybuck43 said:

thx.  So the moral of the story is if you want to legally bust someone up, check your state laws then have your wife sleep with 'im.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, kav said:

thx.  So the moral of the story is if you want to legally bust someone up, check your state laws then have your wife sleep with 'im.

Depends, in three states it’s a felony to commit adultery.  Then you can bust him up, and you get rid of the wife for a few years. Or as we call it in the legal world, a win win.

Prince Ollie mighty is he, Ollie abobwa.

Strong as ten muscular men, mighty is he.

He defeated the galloping hordes, a 100 bad guys with swords!

He's generous, so generous!

DeliciousCoarseHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

On 7/4/2022 at 3:58 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Depends, in three states it’s a felony to commit adultery.  Then you can bust him up, and you get rid of the wife for a few years. Or as we call it in the legal world, a win win.

May be an image of text that says 'MARRIAGE: when dating goes too far'

On 7/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Comics4All

Sentinces?

On 7/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, jaybuck43 said:

200w-4.gif.ceee22df95ba46022ff217272929b20d.gif

On 7/4/2022 at 5:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

DeliciousCoarseHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

FB_IMG_1656635547250.jpg.b93cc16654ef8bc72ce0b5b56c41d981.jpg