• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,637 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2022 at 12:33 AM, 1950's war comics said:

it's hard to believe The Who was formed in 1964 and they are going on tour again this year !!

The sound of a jet taking off? Nope, it's just The Who in full flight.

That's some serious air. 

On 10/21/2022 at 9:15 PM, kav said:

the best are fry corn tortillas in hot oil until hard, powder with parmesan.  Crispy shell far superior to those soft nasty 'street tacos' that belong in the street because they have not been cooked.
It takes a bit of practice but you start fryin one side not until hard, then turn over and fold over into taco shape with tongs and fry till hard.  

thanks for the taco tips ... here is your reward ..

no-prize.jpg.3984edf20c4908c90c9c09add5b3f240.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 7:31 AM, 1950's war comics said:

i never saw the movie but i always liked the song 

Elton John as The Pinball Wizard in Tommy (1975), via pinballnews, who informs us that Roger Daltrey’s Tommy plays a Gottlieb Kings & Queens machine vs. Elton’s Pinball Wizard on a Gottlieb Buckaroo table.

Apparently, this role was originally offered to Rod Stewart, but Elton talked him out of taking it because it was such a small part in the movie.  Gangster move.

I saw this movie in the theater, but it's pretty unwatchable today.  It's pretty hard to turn a series of songs into one coherent story.  The only interesting thing about it is the Townsend song, "Fiddle About" which is a positive tune about the very child abuse he was later arrested for committing.

from reddit

50. Welcome To The Fam

I matched with a man on an online service, which I won’t name. Within 10 minutes, I got a shocking email from his mother…She was welcoming me to her family and asked about my plans for a wedding date.  Blocked. Immediately.

Edited by kav

On 10/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, kav said:

from reddit

50. Welcome To The Fam

I matched with a man on an online service, which I won’t name. Within 10 minutes, I got a shocking email from his mother…She was welcoming me to her family and asked about my plans for a wedding date.  Blocked. Immediately.

This is from reddit folks I thought that was obvious.
Not a personal story,,,,  :facepalm:

Yes, “Fake It Until You Make it” can and does work. But you gotta be able to fake it. You can’t fake faking it.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:33 AM, kav said:

Movie title name challenge!
Think of alternate titles for these movies:
Fatal Attraction
Terminator
Jaws

1.Amirite (for stalking)

2. Meatbag Sweats

3.Shark Sentince(is death)

Edited by Comics4All

On 10/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, Comics4All said:

1.Amirite (for stalking)

2. Meatbag Sweats

3.Shark Sentince(is death)

How abt Meat Sweats for Jaws

On 10/23/2022 at 4:12 PM, 1950's war comics said:

oopsy daisy ! my bad ... i'll just be on my way ......

AP_21083282377835.0.jpg