• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,637 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome, hope you ate your fill!

Those coupons I used didn't expire for another month and came in the "junk mail", so now that I've used the 'good' ones lol , I'm not sure when the next coupons come. If I'm going to eat there I want to do it right! :whee: 

I always use the BK app for deals, but the coupons that come in the mail are slightly cheaper than the app.

Also, if you use the app, you earn crown points for free food!

So now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

On 11/12/2022 at 12:14 AM, kav said:

sick!

25. Throw the book at him

We had a case where opposing counsel was cross-examining our expert witness on hydrology regarding some silt/runoff issues.

“Mr. Smith, wouldn’t you agree that the book I’m holding is highly respected in your field and considered to be the gold standard on the subject?”

Witness: “I am aware that it is highly regarded in my field.”

“Would you be willing to explain, in your own words, what paragraphs 6-10 on page 121 is describing?”

So the witness reads the passage word for word.

“Yes, I can read, but could you put this passage in your own words for the court?”

Witness: “These are my own words. I wrote the book.”

20220501_201637.png.83ab223d3dd763b76ec5c2b6cc581be3.png

On 11/12/2022 at 12:24 AM, kav said:

@jaybuck43

8. A team effort

Workers comp claim for a back injury that seems suspicious, so they sic a PI on the guy. This is fairly common.

PI comes back with a video of the guy batting softball batting practice, torquing his back over and over. Exactly what he says he can’t do.

Okay, whatever. People get caught all the time.

The camera pans and I can’t believe who is shagging balls in the outfield?

Opposing counsel!

So, ya. Case dropped and the judge took it up with the Bar Association. FIY, for any would-be lawyers out there: you can’t break the law. And you definitely can’t aid and abet your clients while they break the law. It’s right there in the title: lawyer.

FO59lXhaAAA835B.jpg.a9dfb3046b547695ba4b50c7f320dc36.jpg.f9a1c7354076aaf71905faa4fd7fb296.jpg