• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,402 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2022 at 1:41 PM, kav said:

lotta good australia cops shows man.  But frustrating-they never arrest anyone!!!  :pullhair:  They just give em a summons to appear then they dont appear then they get another summons to appear for that-
Australian courtroom s ghost towns I guess-

lol I couldn't really tell you what the courts are like, last time I was there was when I was really young. I did work experience with the police as my cousin was in the forensics department. Oh and I was interviewed about some stolen signs when I was 17, but I knew nothing... hm

We do have a lot of cop shows, though. And you generally have to screw up bigtime to get arrested, not just a traffic offence. 

Edited by Cat

On 7/14/2022 at 10:41 PM, kav said:

lotta good australia cops shows man.  But frustrating-they never arrest anyone!!!  :pullhair:  They just give em a summons to appear then they dont appear then they get another summons to appear for that-
Australian courtroom s ghost towns I guess-

Like a Down Under Blue Lights Buddy System.  

On 7/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, Cat said:

lol I couldn't really tell you what the courts are like, last time I was there was when I was really young. I did work experience with the police as my cousin was in the forensics department. Oh and I was interviewed about some stolen signs when I was 17, but I knew nothing... hm

We do have a lot of cop shows, though. And you generally have to screw up bigtime to get arrested, not just a traffic offence. 

even assaults and stuff they just hand 'em a ticket.
Maybe also for murders?  Not sure.  (shrug)

On 7/15/2022 at 1:49 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That's good..

Real good.... 

Yeah, it was stupid of us. We only took obscure street signs from miles out of town. They ended up being found as the only thing in a drug bust on the wrong address (which doesn't really happen here) so the police investigated it, and the other guy, not wanting to be charged, gave up names. We were all under aged, and those who were 18 were just decided to be not worth the time. 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:48 PM, kav said:

even assaults and stuff they just hand 'em a ticket.
Maybe also for murders?  Not sure.  (shrug)

Not for murders. lol You do get arrested for assaults and things like that, I've seen it happen plenty of times while out. If they're not getting arrested for it, I assume it's fairly minor? I don't know. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, Cat said:

Not for murders. lol You do get arrested for assaults and things like that, I've seen it happen plenty of times while out. If they're not getting arrested for it, I assume it's fairly minor? I don't know. 

incredible

On 7/14/2022 at 10:53 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, it was stupid of us. We only took obscure street signs from miles out of town. They ended up being found as the only thing in a drug bust on the wrong address (which doesn't really happen here) so the police investigated it, and the other guy, not wanting to be charged, gave up names. We were all under aged, and those who were 18 were just decided to be not worth the time. 

13077080_1418589734833931_5082906579892805062_n-1.jpg.27946dcc49189dcd49e241ee562159e2.jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, Cat said:

what abt that gary orsum guy?