• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 12:19 AM, kav said:

They couldnt have just got or sewed some proper colored trunks??

"When Rocky notices the massive banners of Creed and himself have him wearing red shorts with a white stripe, he tells the promoter that it's a mistake - his shorts colors are actually the opposite. The lines were added because the props department got the colors wrong when making the banner".

I mean it would have been a lot cheaper and quicker than spending the hours it takes to film a 3 minute scene.

I watched the filming of travolta's phenomenon and it took about 2 hours to film a 15 second scene of him peeling out of parking lot-

Screenshot 2022-01-26 10.09.12 PM.png

On 1/27/2022 at 12:20 AM, Comics4All said:

That making more than wheatcakes rise

Rocky in his shorts? 

On 1/26/2022 at 10:49 PM, kav said:

why is everyone always trying to bang the earth?? :pullhair:

It all started with Uranus.

Gaia-and-Uranus-by-marcobusoni-300x233.jpg.cc1a83fb7cca0885c24f359036b8aac8.jpg

Must be an oedipal thing.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:25 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

lol I'm not the only one who had this song in my head as soon as he mentioned booty shaker. It was one of my favourite songs as a kid. Pity I had no idea what it meant. :facepalm:

On 1/27/2022 at 4:31 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

200-14.gif.d702e6deb340c4729709c2ade582b02d.gif

Godthilla. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:19 AM, kav said:

"When Rocky notices the massive banners of Creed and himself have him wearing red shorts with a white stripe, he tells the promoter that it's a mistake - his shorts colors are actually the opposite. The lines were added because the props department got the colors wrong when making the banner".

I mean it would have been a lot cheaper and quicker than spending the hours it takes to film a 3 minute scene.

I watched the filming of travolta's phenomenon and it took about 2 hours to film a 15 second scene of him peeling out of parking lot-

Maybe they already shot the fight.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:19 PM, kav said:

Screenshot 2022-01-26 10.09.12 PM.png

5249cf54-937f-4f6f-8412-331ab1449088_text.gif

Au contraire! 

The scene (even if improvised on the set) showed very well how important the entire thing was to Rocky, and yet when he told the promoter, the promoter kind of scoffed "It doesn't really matter" as if "you're gonna get pulverized anyway so who cares?" Kinda conveyed that the details of Rocky's portrayal was irrelevant to the promoter's "Apollo Creed Show". 

It's a great scene!

Edited by jcjames