• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,412 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Na.. just looks like he got bored. 

Also how fast was he going when he hit that tree?

I imagine it was thanks to ACME Corp. 

On 2/7/2022 at 8:46 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I imagine it was thanks to ACME Corp. 

spends tons on acme stuff-cant afford to just go to KFC- :facepalm:

On 2/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, kav said:

spends tons on acme stuff-cant afford to just go to KFC- :facepalm:

How DID he pay for all that gear in the first place? 

On 2/8/2022 at 2:55 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Furry favors.. 

Now I need to go find a sharp instrument and blind myself. Maybe attempt a lobotomy too while I'm at it. 

On 2/7/2022 at 10:56 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Now I need to go find a sharp instrument and blind myself. Maybe attempt a lobotomy too while I'm at it. 

711674751_200(1).gif.287711f9dcfa10b00012b444717de27e.giftumblr_li5uszybM11qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif.7c81bd645ddf5290b201ca0ec289bf83.gif

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 2/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

How DID he pay for all that gear in the first place? 

however he did it, he could of went to KFC and got large bucket and fries with that
@1950's war comics

On 2/7/2022 at 8:59 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

tumblr_li5uszybM11qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif.7c81bd645ddf5290b201ca0ec289bf83.gif

"Youre going to watch the red red kroovy now Alex"

On 2/7/2022 at 10:59 PM, kav said:

however he did it, he could of went to KFC and got large bucket and fries with that
@1950's war comics

That is chicken not roadrunner.  :makepoint:

All he had to do was dump black paint on himself and a white stripe down his back. Then he could have gotten anything from ol' Pepé...

On 2/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That is chicken not roadrunner.  :makepoint:

All he had to do was dump black paint on himself and a white stripe down his back. Then he could have gotten anything from ol' Pepé...

its all birds

In 1944, while Anthony was away in the military, Lynne was brutally attacked by a group of Americans, possibly deserters, during a London wartime blackout, according to the Independent. She was assaulted and robbed, with her assailants trying to break her finger to take her wedding ring. Lynne later suffered a miscarriage.  

Some believe that the trauma of the incident led both Lynne and Anthony into a spiral of alcoholism that would ultimately lead to Lynne's untimely death, age 47, from liver cirrhosis in 1968, according to the New World Encyclopedia.

One of the most notorious incidents of Anthony Burgess's long life concerns his own health, and has been identified by many biographers as the catalyst for his prolific output throughout the majority of his 40-year career as a novelist. According to the New World Encyclopedia, in 1958 Burgess took up a teaching position in Brunei, Borneo, an experience that would later be immortalized in his 1961 novel Devil of a State. Burgess claims that he was teaching in a Brunei classroom when he suddenly collapsed: the symptom, he was told by doctors, of an inoperable brain tumor. Burgess claims he was given just a year to live.

As a result, Burgess, having been repatriated to England at the Sultan of Brunei's expense, took up writing at great speed, with the goal of providing a literary nest egg for his apparently soon-to-be widow. According to the Department of English and Literature at Fu Jen University, Burgess wrote five novels in quick succession, including A Clockwork Orange, and seemingly conjured up a literary career out of nowhere in the process. As the years rolled on, it soon became obvious that Burgess was not as sick as he first believed, but his prolific work rate continued for three decades more.

https://www.grunge.com/303354/the-tragic-life-story-of-a-clockwork-orange-author-anthony-burgess/?utm_campaign=clip