• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Daredevil 131
3 3

18 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, Empir3 said:

The ink really hurts it eh?

I'd call the book a 6.5/7.0 disregarding the ink spill which doesn't look like distributor ink. Considering the defect I'd deduction -2.0. But that just a guess - hence the "-ish."

On 12/26/2021 at 8:22 PM, Empir3 said:

Think a press and then grade is worth it ? Book seems to be going up 

yep if you submit anything its at least worth a quick press. only $10 extra  last i knew

did you notice the "hornead" spelling on the cover ?

Edited by 1950's war comics

On 12/26/2021 at 8:42 PM, 1950's war comics said:

yep if you submit anything its at least worth a quick press. only $10 extra  last i knew

did you notice the "hornead" spelling on the cover ?

I did now that you pointed it out lol. Was that ever corrected ? 

and yea I would def press anything I send in. I meant is it worth getting graded you think  

I have a complete DD run . I’m looking what I should get slabbed from it .

Edited by Empir3

On 12/26/2021 at 9:09 PM, Empir3 said:

I did now that you pointed it out lol. Was that ever corrected ? 

and yea I would def press anything I send in. I meant is it worth getting graded you think 

probably not just by itself , the expense shipping it both ways is not worth it for just that book ... but of you have a stack of ten good books to be graded it would be worth adding that one to the pile

Def some apparent room to improve with a clean on the back. A press sure but a clean is a must (need to find someone for that)

Id say 5.5 personally with 6.0 or so potential. The ink, while distribution related, bleeds a lot. A tiny bit and CGC might overlook especially if just on the back. Otherwise they will factor it in.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, 1950's war comics said:

probably not just by itself , the expense shipping it both ways is not worth it for just that book ... but of you have a stack of ten good books to be graded it would be worth adding that one to the pile

I go through my friends store so I don’t pay the shipping it goes out when they have enough books

On 12/26/2021 at 9:21 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Def some apparent room to improve with a clean on the back. A press sure but a clean is a must (need to find someone for that)

Id say 5.5 personally with 6.0 or so potential. The ink, while distribution related, bleeds a lot. A tiny bit and CGC might overlook especially if just on the back. Otherwise they will factor it in.

I thought a press comes with a clean at cgc?

On 12/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, Empir3 said:

I thought a press comes with a clean at cgc?

It says when necessary on their site which I believe means they give it a wipe to ensure no surface grit is pressed into the book but they don’t clean to the extent a good cleaner will.

if I’m wrong let me know but I believe this is all it is 

Edited by comicginger1789

On 12/26/2021 at 10:09 PM, comicginger1789 said:

It says when necessary on their site which I believe means they give it a wipe to ensure no surface grit is pressed into the book but they don’t clean to the extent a good cleaner will.

if I’m wrong let me know but I believe this is all it is 

So I sent my DD 1 in and asked for press and the clean or whatever . Here is before and after 

9E7A64C3-D86A-4CDA-9D4B-9D204AA21E7B.jpeg

D03CE1D4-FAD2-4CB2-A8B8-33D5371E35D0.jpeg

F30F655E-D511-4D88-8D93-E8EAA1D4C474.jpeg

53ADD28F-88A3-49F7-9AD4-1B6C3C6C0310.jpeg