• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Covers I Don't Want But Must Have

25 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2021 at 5:03 PM, 01TheDude said:

If you are a completionist type collector and you have set your goals for the exact set of covers by Neal Adams-- you have to take ownership that this includes some less stellar examples and keep the focus on the task of the completing.

I mean--- we might as well be arguing over the legitimacy of firing all the bullets at a stoic Superman and then thinking throwing the gun at him will work which he DUCKS away from.

Suspend ones belief -- the professor had a capable assistant who has gone home to feed his dog. He is the one who removed the brain, placed it under the jar (of unknown make- where you got "under a dome of Vera Wang lead crystal" is beyond me), connected it to whatever sensory devices needed to both understand that someone else is in the room but also convert thought to speech somehow, install the air jets to impact the cape (anot to mention anticipating someone WITH a cape), and then gently covering the discarded corpse with the labs readily available DOA cover sheet.

Phew--- sounds crazy but we are talking about a guy who had his own brain removed--- so who are we to judge? Plus this fits in with all the other insane DC covers I grew up despising (laughing at?) as completely silly as part of my membership in the MMMB.

Totally understandable. I'd sell it.

So, you are chastising our imaginations and chortling at my "inability" to take "ownership" of the less than stellar covers in a group of Batman Adams covers that I said I am collecting that is identified in the very theme of this thread. "Comic Covers I Don't Want But Must Have". Then offer your own hypothesis as to how events could have unfolded? Welcome to the Amazing World Of DC Comics. Even the name of the company is redundant. Detective Comics Comics.

I use Vera Wang when I write essays every chance I get. I like Vera Lynn - who promised "we would meet again some sunny day." and "Wang" because I am still an 11 year old boy at heart, although a deep breath away from 60 orbits around the sun.

I wrote an essay once about if I HAD to come back from the dead or if not the dead, would I choose to be a mummy, a werewolf or Frankenstein? One of the (many) considerations of being a mummy would be I would live forever in sepia tone and when I approached the local constabulary, they would empty their .38's into my dry body, exploding in harmless puffs of dust AND in a fit of girlish panic, they would hurl their empty shootin' irons at me. Which would bounce off me harmlessly. Then I would shuffle over to them slowly while they waited - standing behind some saw horse to keep the public at bay - and I would wring the life out of them.

Because. When I was young, fantasy filled my life and I? Love fantasy so much....

Edited by Randall Ries